PUBLIC SERVICE PENSIONS FUND BOARD
Public Service Pensions Fund Board (PSPFB) is a creation under the Public Service Pensions Act CAP 260 of the Laws of Zambia, mandated to control and administer the Fund in accordance with sound business practices. The Public Service Pensions Fund Board (PSPFB) wishes to recruit an exceptional individual who is self-motivated, and results oriented to fill the position of Director Investments on a five-year fixed term contract to be based at its Head Office in Lusaka. The jobholder will report to the Chief Executive.
1. Job Title: Director Investments 1 X 1
2. Main Job Responsibilities
To ensure the Fund’s growth and sustainability through the implementation of PSPF investment strategy and policy.
3. Job Responsibilities
• Formulate and implement investment management systems, policies and guidelines to support the Fund’s strategic objectives.
• Develop and implement internal controls to safeguard the assets of the Fund.
• Develop a long-term investment strategy taking into consideration actuarial recommendations to deliver best outcomes for asset and liability matching.
• Implement fund development plans including asset allocation mixes and allocation of cash flows and revenue generation strategies to enable the Fund to meet its financial objectives.
• Establish innovative alliances, co-investments/business arrangements with investment advisors and development partners to deliver prudent investments.
• Ensure timely, development of departmental workplans and implementation of the Performance Management System to monitor and evaluate performance of the department and staff.
• Coordinate effectively human, financial, and other resources in order to facilitate achievement of the departmental objectives.
• Regularly review, coordinate, and execute investments and loan portfolios that ensure investment returns.
• Conduct research on investment products and services to ensure PSPF investment decisions are advised by current best practice, financial and market trends.
• Manage the property portfolio including, facilities, maintenance, and lease management to ensure sustainable growth of the real estate portfolio of the Fund
• Plan, design and implement Investment Risk Management plans, policies and guidelines in order to mitigate loses to the Fund
• Cultivate and manage strategic relationships with Government, Financial Sector, and regulators to ensure compliance and secure competitive advantage of the Fund
• Prepare Investment reports and other strategic documents to ensure informed decision making in the Fund by the Board
4. Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Considerable competence at senior management level is required to understand and apply advanced policies, practices, procedures, concepts, and principles to effectively guide the Fund’s operations.
a) General Education and Academic Qualifications:
Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with 5 ‘O’ Levels or equivalent.
b) Professional Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in economics/ accounting /finance / ACCA/CIMA/CA Zambia or equivalent
MBA, MSc. MA, in Commercial Discipline, Finance or equivalent
Relevant profession Certification or Membership (CFA/FRM/ CAIA) is an added advantage.
c) Relevant Job Experience:
Minimum of 10 years’ related work experience at Management level of which 5 years should be at Senior Management.
Your application letter should be accompanied by a CV, copy of your NRC, relevant certificates and should also specify your contact address and phone number(s).
Method of Application
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Board Chairperson
Public Service Pensions Fund Board,
Pensions House Sapele Road, Off Cairo Road, P.O. Box 38411 LUSAKA.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
• ONLY APPLICANTS WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS INDICATED ABOVE WILL BE SHORTLISTED.