SNV is a non-profit international development organisation established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 24 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East and South America and operate in Agrifood systems, Renewable Energy, and Water. Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and the vast majority are nationals of the countries where we work.
Established in Zambia in 1965, SNV is one of Zambia’s leading INGOs and works with locally based development partners including national and local government, civil society organisations and businesses to develop the capacities of local communities and alleviate poverty. For more information, please refer to our website: www.snv.org.
Overview of the position
SNV is seeking an exceptional candidate for this role who has at least 4 years’ experience playing a similar role in Contracting and Procurement in the non-profit and INGO sector. The successful candidate will be organised, a self-starter, with high levels of integrity and able to work independently as well as having the ability and judgement to respond rapidly to situations which require urgent attention. The Contracting and Procurement (C&P) officer will work with a team of procurement officers and intern(s) and he/she will be reporting to the Country Operations Manager.
Managing of Procurement Function
1. Conducting procurements, identifying preferred suppliers, and demonstrating value for money.
2. Process and complete procurement requests in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner.
3. Developing and implementing yearly procurement plans for projects as assigned to him/her.
4. Developing, managing, and overseeing relationships with service providers and suppliers
5. Drafting contracts with suppliers.
6. Tracking contracts with service providers and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of services.
7. Ensuring a monitoring system is in place for procurement to ensure all service provision is transparent and quality controlled, and ensure the program continuously obtains best price and value for money.
8. Actively participate in the execution of strong inventory management practices in procurement stores – including data management, best practices etc.
9. Developing best practices for mitigating risk through enhanced quality assurance mechanisms for procurement material.
University degree in Procurement, Business Management, purchasing and supply, or other supply chain management related field or related field, a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Valid membership and certification from CIPS (UK) and or the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
Solid and demonstrable knowledge of contracting and procurement and reliable in analytical judgments.
Minimum 4 years working in a Procurement Officer role related to donor funded development projects.
Good knowledge of databases management and ERP systems.
Proven ability in steering operations in a demanding environment along with people management.
Excellent people skills and a collaborative style.
Commitment to gender equality and social justice.
Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal skills and analytical skills able to work seamlessly across cultures and organisational units.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time national position with the successful candidate being contracted on a one-year basis with the possibility of renewal.
Working at SNV
SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts.
SNV carries out rigorous background and reference checks concerning possible safeguarding incidents for all candidates applying for International determined positions. As SNV participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a request to past employers to fill in a questionnaire regarding Misconduct (sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment), the “Statement of Conduct”. This Statement of Conduct adopts the definitions used in the Scheme.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation by phone or other means will be treated as disqualification of the candidate. SNV is an equal employment provider.