OB POSITION: ASSISTANT FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR X1
DEPARTMENT: FOOD AND BEVERAGE
REPORTS TO: FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR
As an Assistant supervisor, you will be assisting the food and Beverage Supervisor in overseeing the Restaurant operations and you are also responsible for monitoring the performance of all waiters, waitresses and Bartenders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a sense of welcome and personalized service excellence for our guests
- Display an active presence in our dining rooms and public areas, interacting with guests and colleagues
- Effectively manage the systems in place to deliver superior service
- Monitor resources, ensuring the tools are available to deliver services that meet and exceed guest expectations
- Ensure appropriate performance management of colleagues in accordance with Hotel standards, policies and procedures
- Seek out new ways to enhance service and increase profits through effective and innovative promotions and marketing opportunities
- Maintain a constructive, harmonious and communicative working relationship with all supporting departments
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, consistently promoting colleague health and safety
- Promote and develop a culture of environmental awareness and responsibility
- Ensure that the restaurant maintains a first class, positive visual impact including ambience, cleanliness, and décor and service flow.
- Set a positive example for Food & Beverage colleagues through exemplary dress, grooming and self-discipline and monitor colleague performance in these areas.
- Inspect menus, cutlery, linen, tableware, and glassware & equipment/tools on a regular basis ensuring they are clean, well maintained and consistent
- To ensure that regular stock takes are conducted and all breakages and damages are recorded and explained.
- To ensure that an effective table reservation system is in operation.
- To ensure that attendance registers are completed daily in accordance with statutory procedures; and that any anomalies are reported
- To ensure that waiters are always correctly and smartly dressed, that they offer professional and courteous service to their customers.
- Monitor and manage guest complaints, ensure satisfaction and administer efficient follow up for same to receive feedback.
- Perform regular inspection of food and beverage preparation and presentation and maintain inventory to enhance sales.
- Maintain and ensure compliance to established food quality and standards.
- Manage workload and ensure effective working of restaurant activities and maintain excellent standards to meet operational expectations.
- Coordinate with team to meet sales target, ensure customer satisfaction and follow company procedures to increase productivity.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- General Grade 12 certificate / Full GCE.
- Minimum of Diploma in Hotel Management/ Food and Beverage or any equivalent qualification will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in the same capacity with a minimum of 3 years.
- Must be above 21 but Less than 40 years of age.
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Working knowledge of office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their application letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Resources and Administration Officer,
Chamba Valley Exotic Hotel Limited,
P.O Box 38836
Candidates are free to either submit hard copies or soft copies to the above stated address. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate the job title in the subject of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title you are applying for as the filename of your application.