Empowering Africa’s tomorrow, together…one story at a time.
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
Sell the bank’s Retail products
Sales to Retail Customers 60%
- Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of all Absa Africa Retail products & services.
- Participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- Agree, meet and exceed targets for specific sales campaigns.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
- Own and manage personal product & channel sales targets to contribute towards the branch sales objectives.
- Refer to the appropriate area of delivery for specialist product help or advice (e.g., Schemes or Home Loans) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to the customer.
- Build effective relationships with branch staff to ensure that non-sales staff refer customers to the Customer Advisor when they identify a particular product or service need.
- Complete account opening documentation together with customers and submit to Branch Manager/KYC Coordinator/Team Leader Sales for review before submitting to operations for processing.
- When selling loans to Retail customers, complete the financial analysis and statement review on customer accounts. Where customers do not meet the minimum criteria, advise the customer, verbally or in writing as the customer requires. Report such denials to the Branch Manager or Team Leader Sales on a daily basis.
- Call customers when their accounts have been opened, generate welcome pack letters and send to customers.
- Monitor drawdowns for new loans and contact customers to determine reasons for non-utilisation after a period of time.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)