DEPARTMENT : Customer Experience
VACANCY : Retail Manager – Growth Region
LEVEL : Manager
LOCATION : Kitwe, Zambia
To manage the Retail store operations and expansion to drive OpCo market share objectives and superior service delivery. Drive excellence in customer onboarding and acquisition via KYC processes/ platforms and other products at the retail stores while ensuring adherence to related regulatory and OpCo guidelines. Deliver customer satisfaction and engagement in retail stores. Provide input in quality and training of retail staff. Support high standards of store ambience and merchandising. Drive Revenue targets and ensure EBITDA growth and shop profitability.
REPORTING TO THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE DIRECTOR, THE MAIN DUTIES ARE:
1. Retail Management
• Drive sales through selling excellence and ground execution from the own retail shops.
• Recruit, induct, lead, manage, train and develop Shop Teams, and Retail staff to agreed procedures and standards.
• Drive Airtel money in all own retail shops, support zones on Mini shop rollout
• Ensure that all performance issues, and other issues within the shop, are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner
• Communicate with the shop staff, and other Airtel personnel, cascading information as required
• Promote a customer care approach within the retail Operations business, investigating complaints or issues of poor customer care, both timely and efficiently
• Ensure Management appraisals are completed weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually in all the retail shop, partner shops and AMB shops
• Uphold the reputation of Airtel by maintaining high personal standards and projecting a warm, appreciative and welcoming attitude towards customers, partners and Shop staff at retail operations level
2. Performance – Revenues
• Grow sales profit, and to motivate staff to achieve set goals
• Develop and grow a customer focused Retail operations including new shops to maximize available assets on a 2 to 3 years’ planning horizon
• Ensure awareness and account for competition, retail sector trends and current trading opportunities
• Maintain, seek, utilize and analyze management information including (Gross Additions, Device & Airtel money sales) data to manage performance to meet business objectives
• Ensure all shops are efficiently and effectively managed, visiting them regularly, and monitoring their compliance with policy, procedure and standards
• Manage the warehouse operation and the device forecasting management side of the business
3. Product – Visual Merchandizing
• Develop corporate policy driving display, merchandising, pricing and grading whilst observing high competition and device retail trends
• Monitor stock in each shop, ensuring there are adequate supplies, identify methods of stock generation in conjunction with the Distribution Manager, and to respond to stock concerns where relevant
• Maintain an awareness of the organization’s priorities and promote the work of Airtel to Retail Management and the general public
• To make sure that stock is available in form of full range device, SIM cards, Dongles, Airtel Money, SIM swap, Electronic Voucher Distribution, Airtel bundles, Magic box and other Airtel products and services
4. Property – Airtel Shops
• Mapping of new outlets throughout the country as required
• Carry out new shop site evaluations and rollouts in conjunction with Supply Chain Management, consultants and contractors
• Ensure the MINI shop coordination with support functions for rollout is done while adhering to shop standards on an ongoing basis
• Responsible for maintaining shops both freehold and leasehold to an acceptable standard, complying with both safety standards and planned preventative maintenance
5. Cost Management
• Identify and formulate sales strategies to help Drive shop sales numbers, cost of inventory, operational expenses and inventory loss
• Develop plans to maximize and reduce losses at the shop level
6. Deliver Showroom Experience
• Identify and formulate Customer Service Delivery Strategies to help improve Customer Satisfaction scores
• Ensure provision of standard Infrastructure at Zonal Retail showrooms,
• Ensure Retail showroom employees are up-skilled in industry training and certifications for the role
7. Achieve Employee Engagement scores in line with the Engagement target for the Zonal Retail Business area
• Continuously motivating the front-line employees through leadership by examples.
• Implement all action plans that will address hygiene issues etc. from engagement survey .
• Implement sales KPI incentive structures.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related Social Sciences
• MBA will be an added advantage
• Ability to research, analyze and interpret complex information.
• Good Analytical skills.
• Good Presentation and Interpersonal skills.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (MS Excel, MS Word, Power-point).
• Preferably a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in Sales, Marketing & Distribution with at least 2 years at senior management level handling independent businesses.
• Relevant experience in Telecom industry is desirable.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE POST
• Strong Commercial Acumen.
• Business awareness, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent and effective communications skills, both oral and written.
• Personal Organisation.
• Result Orientation
• Consumer Knowledge
• Sound understanding of Sales systems and Process
• Creative self-starter