Forest Fruits seeks to engage the services of the Stores officer
Background and overview
Forest Fruits Ltd. is Zambia’s leading producer of certified organic honey and beeswax, and the largest single exporter of honey on the African Continent. This dynamic and rapidly expanding social enterprise owns the Zambezi Gold™ brand of honey and currently employs 50 full-time staff and 30 seasonal workers in addition to its out-growers, most of whom are based in Mwinilunga, North-Western Province.
Forest Fruits Ltd. works with 7,000 traditional beekeepers living in remote forests through an out-growers system that includes training and extension services. We are committed to improving the income of beekeepers in a sustainable way, enhancing the quality of lives, and assisting people in growing their rural income sources.
Since 1998, Forest Fruits Ltd. has collaborated with the beekeepers to bring high quality, certified organic bee products to the marketplace. Through the years, it has been our pleasure to introduce people around the world to the taste and health benefits of certified organic honey, beeswax, and propolis extract.
Reporting to the Procurement & Logistics officer, the position is responsible for coordinating and initiating purchase orders and procurement of goods and services for the company and conducting research to determine procurement of goods and services at competitive prices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements procurement plans by initiating purchase orders for submission to prospective suppliers.
- To manage the operation of an Inventory System to effectively control stocks and avoid overstocking, stock-outs, and always ensure correct usage.
- Plan and coordinate the replenishment of inventory to ensure smooth operations for all departments in the company.
- Carry out spot checks to verify the accuracy of stock records and ensure that inventories are secure and safe to prevent losses/damages.
- Design and review stores record-keeping system for the efficient management of stock.
- Review and recommend identified redundant and obsolete stock for disposal.
- Prepare and produce periodic reports on the operations of the company’s section for management’s decision-making.
- Contribute to the development and review of Stores Procedures Manual to ensure compliance and efficiency of store management.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and procurement planning for all stock items to meet annual operational requirements.
- Monitors procurement progress on all planned activities.
- Tracks vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Maintains and updates suppliers’ register.
- Reviews purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy and follow up on discrepancies with the initiating department.
- Collects quotations and prepares comparative analysis.
- Maintains procurement files and records.
- Prepares and processes standard procurement documents.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five (5) Credits or better, including English and Mathematics.
- Minimum of Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
- Three (3) years practical work experience in the field.
- Conversant with Zambian Procurement Laws.
- Must be a fully paid-up Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) with a 2023 Practicing License.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Must posses a Valid Drivers licence
Method of Application
Signed applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and contact details (address/telephone/email) of at least two (2) traceable referees should.