RISK AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
The primary purpose of the job is to manage risks (including fraud risks), conduct forensic investigations and provide assessments, analytics, monitoring, and reporting, within the set policies, procedures and standards.
- Review all risks, risk ratings and mitigating controls put in place by the Board and Management.
- Assess whether all risks have been identified, appropriate controls have been put in place and update if further risks are identified.
- Drafting of annual work plan and coordinating activities with other stakeholders.
- Complete audit testing and obtain adequate evidence (clear documentation).
- Make follow ups on all issues identified and communicate to Management.
- Supervise coordinate and set-up timetables for Internal Audit assignments.
- Provide Management with updates on corporate governance issues and their implications on organization operations as and when need arises.
- Prepare reports with clear/ concise observations and recommendations.
- Undertake Experience Centre spot checks and investigative work as directed by Management.
- Identifying risks that could have a negative impact on the cGrate’s operations or financial standing.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of risk management programs and recommending changes as necessary. Developing and updating company policies regarding fraud prevention, data security, and other areas of risk management.
- Help departments across the organisation in updating risk registers.
- Deliver risk management training to staff across the organization.
- Work with internal stakeholders in the execution of fraud investigation plans and roadmaps.
- Assist with the development of methods, processes and systems to enhance role effectiveness
- Make recommendations on the integration of current fraud investigation best practices with processes and systems in use.
- Collaborate investigations and forensic procedures for any identified fraud or thefts.
- Compile all relevant documentation detailing fraud investigation and findings.
- Support Operations with investigations (and where there is no forensic capacity) and ensure skills transfer where required
- Provide Monthly and Quarterly stakeholder reporting
- Perform other duties as delegated by Management.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or its equivalent
- Bachelor of Business Administration/Bachelor of Science
- Professional qualification in Risk Management, Fraud Risk and Investigations
- Professional Certification – Certified Risk Manager (CRM), Association of Certified Forensic Practitioners (ACFP) / Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Digital Forensics (as an advantage)
- Professional Qualification Chartered Accountant/ACCA/LLB (is an advantage)
At least two to three years Risk Management, Fraud/Forensics work experience.
Strong investigations skills – preferably in the context of Technology
Strong Analytics and Problem-Solving skills.