Tribal Textiles is a dynamic and creative company based in the heart of the African Bush, just down the road from South Luangwa National Park. We have an exciting and challenging position available and need someone adventurous, organized and innovative to help us make our gorgeous textiles.
You will lead and manage all areas of textile production to produce high-standard textiles, controlling the flow of orders through the workshop and monitoring the production process both in detail and overall, to ensure production targets are met on time.
You will closely manage an enthusiastic and skilled staff of approx 40-50 Zambian men and women, in partnership with the workshop manager and the heads of each department (starching, sewing, painting, glass).
On the creative side, you are expected to work with our Brand Development manager to sample new designs.
Work alongside sales / online teams to colour match textiles to website photography and details.
The position will be based in Mfuwe, a rural Zambian village on the edge of the South Luangwa National Park. The position is full-time from late Feb through to mid-December each year as our production department closes for the rains during this period. This time is usually taken as unpaid leave and affords time for travel and individual pursuits.
Candidates must be able to:
• Manage a large workforce, previous management experience required.
• Communicate effectively both verbally, and in written form with excellent English
• Motivate others and encourage good performance and productivity
• Ensure standards of timekeeping and general discipline
• Manage department heads and delegate effectively
• Juggle tasks and problem solve
• Administrate large volumes of work
• Get along well with others, working as part of a small management team
• Have an eye for detail e.g. colours, quality etc
• Learn to anticipate problems and plan ahead.
• Manage time effectively and work ‘smart’
• Previous experience living and working in Africa is preferred.
• Applicants should be educated to degree level.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Have a sense of fun!
For more information about the company and our products please visit www.tribaltextiles.co.zm