Company: Action Against Hunger-zambia
Job type: Internship
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Job Title: Finance Intern
Organization: Action Against Hunger – Zambia Office
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: 4 months
Reports to: Finance and Administration Officer
About Action Against Hunger:
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children and ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and healthcare. We are dedicated to preventing and treating malnutrition. For 40 years, across more than 45 countries, Action Against Hunger has led the global fight against hunger. Our vision is a world without hunger, in which all children and adults have sufficient food and water, and access to the resources they need to sustain a healthy life. We save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of undernutrition. Action Against Hunger’s work is driven by a nutrition security approach, emphasizing the need for a comprehensive and multi-sectoral response focused on addressing the needs of the most vulnerable members of communities.
Action Against Hunger has had a physical presence in Zambia since June 2015. In December 2021, Action Against Hunger-Zambia was registered and a Board recruited to leverage on years of experience and expertise in over 40 countries globally. Action Against Hunger Zambia is currently implementing activities in Western and Southern Provinces of Zambia.
Action Against Hunger Zambia is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Finance Intern to support its dynamic team. The Finance Intern will work closely with the Finance and Administration officer and other team members to contribute to the effective Zambia Country Office program operations.
1. Financial Administration:
- Timely preparation and processing of Country/Field Office Funds requests, Partner transfers and Supplier/Service providers payments
- Review payment claims/invoices including staff retirements for travel advances/imprest and ensure that they are well supported and appropriately coded for further authorizations and processing
- Preparation of monthly journals to ensure financial records are complete, accurate and available for authorization in time.
- Reconcile all control accounts on a monthly basis to ensure completeness and integrity of financial information e.g. Bank & Cash, Prepayments, Accruals, Staff Debtors etc
- Support the Finance and Administration Officer manage and reconcile statutory accounts
- Timely data entry of financial transactions – Payment vouchers, Payment transfers and journal vouchers
- Support the Finance and Administration Officer in the preparation of monthly management reports
2. Program Finance and Reporting:
- Provide support of the Country Office Program budget preparations and donor reporting in consistence with approved proposals for grant partners and sub-awardees
- Support the Finance and Administration Officer in performing partner financial visit support, including management of partner funds, capacity building to partners from document processing, budget/forecasts, risk Management and spending as per the agreements
- Work with Project leads and partners to ensure partner financial reports are received promptly by the Country Office, reviewed and filed in respective folders
- Review Cash requests and Financial reports from Sub-awardees, partners and ensure consistency with approved budgets
- Support the Finance and Administration Officer in tracking the status of project implementation (Finance and Program) in regard to donor compliance, documentation, learning and sharing
3. General Administration:
- Ensure effective management of offices i.e Annual subscriptions, leases, security, cleaning services, utilities etc
- Facilitate timely completion and submission of timesheets, Leave forms and other key HR documentation
- Liaise with Operations Officer to support the maintenance of Fixed Assets register
- Work closely with the operations officer in fleet management
- Develop and maintain good public relations with partners, external suppliers, service providers and all interested parties to Action Against Hunger
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager which are generally in line with the above-mentioned responsibilities
- Diploma in accounting or recognized accounting qualification e.g ACCA II/CIMA II/ZICA CA Application Advanced Diploma in Accountancy/CPA 2
- Working Knowledge of Accounting software such as Sylogist
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and commitment to the principles of Action Against Hunger.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and Please include “Finance Intern Application” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: This is a four-month internship position, and there is no guarantee of employment beyond the specified duration.
Action Against Hunger is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Action Against Hunger – Zambia Country Office
UNIT 4B Aquarius House
Katima Mulilo Road