ExpressCredit is a global consumer finance company operating in Zambia and 3 surrounding countries, including Botswana, Namibia, and Lesotho. Our company helps individuals in a need of short-term and long-term financial solutions – all of which make a meaningful and lasting impact on the local communities.
Since 2018, ExpressCredit has more than tripled its global operations and grown significantly worldwide. If you want to work for a dynamic, forward-thinking and socially responsible financial services provider we are the right match for you!
The Call Centre Manager is responsible for hiring, training, preparing and motivating Call Centre team members to provide excellent customer service. Set objectives, analyse Call Centre metrics, ensure team meet goals and provide reliable, efficient support for customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Call Centre resources to deliver first call resolution.
- Maintain SLAs, Do & manage escalations.
- Ensure customer care standards are developed and deployed at every customer touch point.
- Maintain and improve Call Centre operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits, analysis and quality assurance.
- Analyse and implement relevant interventions pertaining to workloads, trends, patterns, and peaks.
- Handle the most complex customer complaints or enquiries.
- Ensure the correct processes are adhered to and immediately address any non-compliance.
- Compile, monitor and manage attendance records of Call Centre employees
- Collect and analyse Call Centre statistics
- Provide the relevant process and performance reports on a daily basis.
- Recognize, document, and alert the higher management team of trends in customer behaviour, give feedback on findings for continuous quality improvement cycle in the company.
- Identify and escalate issues to relevant departments and/or higher management.
- Embed a performance culture, framework, and review processes to achieve service levels and improvements against set targets.
- Ensure Sales targets are achieved
- Achieve Call Centre Performance metrics
- Ensure consistent customer experience at the Call Centre.
- Drive a ‘customer first and centric approach’
- Manage team members to ensure effective delivery of business unit objectives.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Interview and recruit new members of the team in collaboration with HR.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from HR when required.
- Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
- Conduct formal performance discussion and reviews and take corrective measures where necessary.
- Address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance Improvement programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
- Hold regular meetings with the team to stimulate teamwork, identify and address gaps, empower the team, and celebrate achievements on team level.
Minimum Job Requirements and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Mass Communication, or any business-related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a customer service environment or other related field, of which 1-2 years’ experience was in a Call Centre environment
- Business Intelligence experience
- Reporting, planning, and organizing skills with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Developing value proposition
- Regulatory and legal compliance
- Customer relationship Management
- Knowledge of budget management
- Basic commercial and financial acumen
- Interpersonal, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical thinking with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer centricity
- Assertiveness and proactiveness
- Approachable and a team player
- Good judgement and conflict management
- Ability to handle stressful situations appropriately and strong decision-making skills