Kagem is seeking remarkable candidates to join the team, in the positions of Superintendent Electrical and Agriculture Coordinator.
AGRICULTURE COORDINATOR (x 1)
Reports to: Senior Manager Corporate Responsibility
The core purpose of the position is the implementation of the Community Development Sustainability Strategy (CDSS). The Agriculture Coordinator will assist to coordinate all Community agricultural programs, ensuring effective utilization of land and water to benefit communities and in so doing, promote and maintain good relations between Kagem Mine and the surrounding communities. The role is responsible for providing sustainable agriculture support, consolidating farmers through cooperatives and working with these farmers on a day-today basis.
The position requires a solid solid background and training experience, and entails interacting with Government officials, NGOs, Cooperatives, and other private sector partners. The candidate shall also contribute towards company image building to the host and larger community
- Work with Senior Manager Corporate Responsibility to develop anal and quatedly work plans and submit to the Head of Department.
- Conduct Community Needs Assessments (CCA) and/or Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAS) in the catchment areas to enhance and address community felt- needed development.
- Stakeholder Identification and Engagement for each programme/project. Implement programines as scheduled in the work plan
- Assist conducting Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) for all projects undertaken by the department
- Contribute to the development of weekly, monthly, and quarterly plans and reports with visual documentation
- Assist in facilitating tours to project sites to visitors.
- Update the HOD during weekly departmental meetings
- Develop plan for moving cooperatives to more sustainable, organic, and regenerative gradual practices to ensure they are more climate change resistant
- Assist the Session Manager Corporate Responsibility in establishing goals. performance metrics and long-range strategic plans for Community farmers
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with agencies and organizations interested in community welfare and agriculture development
- Assess the capacity of partner implementing agencies, cooperatives and other community-based groups, and design and implement appropriate capacity building plans
- Lead the development and implementation of appropriate strategies and initiatives to organise farmers into cooperatives and other groups a close coordination with other stakeholders.
- Develop a sustainable business promotion strategy for cooperatives and other groups through a series of meetings with key stakeholders with a focus on maximizing profits.
- Provide overall technical leadership and direction for programme activities aimed at significantly increasing the productivity and crop production by the community
- Generate new and innovative ideas and lead in the design of the agriculture development components of potential large-scale integrated livelihood programmes
- Maintain good rapport with the Community through regular contact and communication on Land and water resource management matters
- Negotiate agreements with stakeholders on value, water quality, soils, and other natural values of importance to the community
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge to enhance community awareness of sustainable land management issues and solutions to these issues.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of community initiatives for the protection of biodiversity, water quality, soils, and other natural resources
- Undertake other relevant duties as directed by the Manager
- Report all activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist to manage community grievances until cases are closed off as well as to maintain and update the community grievance register/database
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of Grievances from the community as well
- as the dissemination of feedback on action taken or lack thereof on the grievances
- Undertake fact finding mission to establish evidence of lack thereof on the registered grievances from community members
- Any other duties relevant to successful implementation of the OGM
- Keeping detailed record of community members, local leaders, projects and projects related people.
- Update CR department information on approved knowledge management database (GTrac)
- Maintaining confidential documents and files
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in Agriculture Sciences or Preferably Crop or Environmental Sciences
- Minimman five to ten years experience in developing and managing agricultural development programmes (agronomy/agriculture extension, horticulture)
Have knowledge or an understanding of the Agriculture Industry, specifically:
- Fertilizers and soil amendments
- Trigation water conservation and protection
- Integrated Pest Management
- Zambian vegetable cropping systems
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be creative and innovative in generating new ideas and putting them into practice
- Self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively with co-workers.
- Passion for agriculture industry
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work across organisations with strong communication and listening abilities and good problem-solving approach
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power point and Excel
- The company provides single status accommodation at the mine site
Method of Application
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to The Head-Human Resources by mail . Certificates will only be required at the interview stage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Koger Mining Lad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply. We do not charge or ask for money from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you be asked to do so by anybody, please do not proceed and report such individuals to the police immediately.