Zambia Centre for Communications Programme (ZCCP) is a not-for-profit, locally based multi-media communications organization, which uses the power of the mass media (radio, TV and print) and social mobilization to reach the Zambian population and to affect social and behavior change.
ZCCP uses a rigorous formative research process to generate appropriate edutainment content relevant to health and development priorities in Zambia. At community level we work with girls, boys, women, men, persons with disabilities, key and priority populations. At policy level, we work with National Assembly of Zambia, House of Chiefs and other Traditional Leaders, Religious Leaders and various government ministries and National AIDS Council.
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the HR Manager shares in the overall responsibility for the direction & coordination of the Zambia office. The HR, Manager in his/her capacity will be accountable for the provision of effective HR in the project contexts.
The HR Manager will work closely with the Senior Finance & Administration Manager to support strategic Human Resource management, support development of related Human Resource policies, systems & structures & furnish advice. The HR Manager will partner with other departments to understand core business needs with regards to Human resource and be the focal point person for HR support.
ZCCP is looking to recruit for the following position:
Job Title. : Human Resources Manager (1)
Location : Lusaka Province
Staff directly reporting to this post: HR Officer
The post holder will have a direct reporting line to the Senior Finance & Administration Manager (SFAM).
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects ZCCP’s values, promotes accountability & high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity & innovation, & frees up staff to deliver outstanding results for our beneficiaries & excellent customer service for our board & donors;
- Help design & implement a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with best practices & appropriate to the organizational needs;
- Help establish, maintain, & improve active & regular working relationships with: internal teams, cross teams, donors, & local partner organizations;
- Ensures compliance with all Zambia Center for Communications Programmes (ZCCP’s) management operating standards & standard operating procedures.
Policies & Procedures
- Supervise the human sesource function to ensure that advice & support are provided to managers & staff on interpretation & application of policies & procedures & on other HR related matters;
- Supervise the development of HR practices & processes aligned with the organization’s overall strategy to meet the evolving needs of the organisation;
- Implement HR best practices & processes aligned with the organisation’s overall strategy to meet the evolving needs of the organisation;
Staff Recruitment & Retention
- Ensure appropriate recruitment, retention & succession of staff including orientation programmes; design & implementation of compensation & performance management systems & career development for staff; Ensure that all recruitments are closed within the lead time
- Review employment terms, conditions & practices are fair, consistent, compliant with labour law & Zambia Center for Communications Programmes human resource policies & best practice;
- Prepare terms & conditions of employment & issue all employment & consultancy contracts in compliance with Zambia Labour Law;
- Manages staff contracts (i.e. offer letters, transfers/relocations, contract renewals, etc) including monitoring contracts to ensure that end dates are reported in advance; works in collaboration with the Executive Director to ensure that employment contracts meet legal & policy requirements.
- In collaboration with SFAM, ensure maintenance of updated information on staff salaries, allowances & income tax calculations in compliance with current laws and regulations.
Performance Management & Staff Development
- Work with different departments to understand the different /unique needs of departments with regards to HR services;
- Support staff training, monitors & records trainings undertaken by staff & promotes training feedback.
- Develop a culture of performance management across the organization, where staff are held accountable.
- Lead implementation & maintenance of performance management system that is in alignment with organizational goals;
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted regularly by supervisors; provide training & advise to managers on effective implementation of performance management;
- Analyze on an ongoing basis the organisational staffing profile &, in conjunction with senior managers, advising on job holder competencies & skills in light of changing contexts & content;
- Providing guidance on staff capacity building & in formulating the annual training calendar, & offering expert facilitation of in-house training programs such as performance management workshops and orientation programmes;
- Ensure that staff have access to HR guidance on individual development opportunities arising from performance review feedback and personal career development interests;
- Monitor & advise on disciplinary matters in accordance with established policies & procedures;
Ensure that Zambia Center for Communications Programmes policies are coherent & relevant to current policies in Zambia and internationally;
Maintain/Develop further relations with the Ministry of Labour & other relevant legal support services;
Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws;
Protects the interest of employees & the organisation in accordance with organisation Human Resource policies & government laws & regulations.
Handling of disciplinary cases (takes corrective action for wrong behavior, resolves disputes, mediate conflict, harassment cases complaints & other grievances raised by staff members, etc).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 8 years of Human Resources experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or other related academic discipline, and/or a postgraduate specialization in Human Resources
- Sound knowledge of local labour laws;
- Experience with any payroll software an added advantage;
- Ability to plan & organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
- In-depth knowledge of employee relations and develop and maintain knowledge of current employment legislation;
- Experience in capacity building and setting frameworks for staff development;
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of HR within the programme and ensuring the most effective support to line management;
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate qualified professional staff with strong personal value systems
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
- A commitment to the values and principles of ZCCP
- Must be a paid-up member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Must have a mature and honest disposition;
- Computer literate.
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, visit our website www.zccpkwatu.org, go to Notice/Downloads then you download and complete our ZCCP Application form and send it with your CV to email@example.com.
Note: Only the CV and ZCCP Application form should be sent. Closing date is 23rd November, 2023.