The National Health Insurance Management Authority through the National Health Insurance Project seeks to employ a Database Administrator under the NHI Project to be based at NHIMA Head Office in Lusaka.
Job Purpose: –
The role of the Database Administrator is to provide database administration services for the Oracle-based system as well as other databases that the Authority has deployed for its operations.
Terms of Contract: One year two months contract.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on end user’s specialised role,
- Design and implement a database in accordance to end users’ information needs and views,
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner,
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data,
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses,
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users,
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards,
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity and
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- BSc degree in a computer discipline
- Oracle Certified DBA or a related certification
- At least 3 years’ experience in DBA administration most of which must be Oracle based.
Competencies required for this Role
- Oracle Certification is a must-have,
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator,
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications,
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, and SQL,
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding,
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools,
- Familiarity with programming languages API and
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.