Lumwana Mining Company is offering an internship development program to highly motivated and committed individuals to gain industrial experience in Mining department. We are looking for recent graduates from both public and private universities.
We are in search of an individual who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
- As an Intern Mining Engineer, you have an opportunity to perform basic drill & blast, mine production and cost optimization functions while gaining future practical experience for your mining career in the open pit mine. The role will be working closely with key stakeholders and other technical services personnel to deliver safe, accurate and efficient plans, schedule inputs and mine optimization improvement techniques.
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining a safe workplace for all employees and external service providers by complying with existing processes and procedures.
- Actively seeking to develop new ideas and initiatives that have the potential to provide the company with efficiency, cost reduction and productivity opportunities.
- Undertaking mine planning related project studies and investigations, monitoring trials, and implementing short term interval controls and other related projects.
- Championing operational quality control and developing a sense of continuous improvement
- Conducting shovel and truck productivity studies to identify bottlenecks, create bench markings for mining planning budget and reforecast parameter inputs that will assist in realistic planning.
- Conducting truck and shovel cycle time studies.
- Reviewing Mine production KPIs and QAQC data
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Minimum Degree Qualifications in Mining Engineering
- Current Zambian Driver’s License.
- Drive to learn and develop your skills and experience as a Mining Engineer.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, encompassing verbal, written, and interpersonal capabilities, with the ability to engage and connect effectively with individuals at all levels
What We Can Offer You:
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organisation
- Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Barrick offers employment opportunities to both qualified women and men.
Women who meet the above qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful