We are a proudly Zambian owned company and a renowned manufacturer of maize and soya-based consumer foods products, popularly known as Golden Goodness, Tasty Soya Pieces, Seba’s Instant Thobwa, Nutrameal, Seba’s HEPS, Emilios Snacks, Nutri milk and now Nutri Sip.
Position: IT Assistant
Business: Seba Foods Zambia Limited
Work-level: Junior Technical Team
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to: Systems Administrator
A subsidiary of 260 Brands, Seba Foods (Z) Ltd is an African consumer goods manufacturer based in Zambia.
We provide ‘value-for-money’ products that consumers can trust and feel good about. The company`s products have become household names in Zambia, priding themselves in very high-quality products through well-known brands such as Seba’s Golden Goodness, Emilios, Instant Thobwa, Nutramilk and Nutra Sip.
260 Brands manufactures, markets and distributes reasonably priced consumer products inspired by local tastes, made from the best African raw ingredients that contribute to our consumer’s well-being.
Our local brands that are trusted and loved by our consumers are the most valuable asset we have. Our products must always be high-quality and a source wellness and pride.
We empower local farmers and small businesses by locally sourcing inputs and materials whenever we can.
We believe in creating mutually beneficial relationships. If we prosper, so should our consumers, employees, customers, suppliers and the community.
Reporting to the Systems Administrator, the IT Assistant will be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of our computer systems, ERP, SFA, servers, and data security systems.
- Provide technical support to end-users, resolving hardware and software issues promptly.
- Support IT equipment lifecycle tasks including deploy, upgrade, repair, recommission, replace & recycling, including laptops, desktops & mobile devices
- Conduct routine maintenance on shared IT services like AV equipment, printers and shared workstations
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure network infrastructure is secure and efficient.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to local and cloud-based applications.
- Assist in managing and maintaining IT inventory and documentation.
- Conduct user training sessions to enhance digital literacy.
- Monitor and respond to IT helpdesk tickets in a timely manner.
- Compile monthly reports related to IT operations
- Stay updated on industry trends and advancements to recommend innovative solutions.
- CCTV monitoring and trouble shooting.
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven experience as an IT Assistant or in a similar role.
- Proficient in troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Knowledge of network protocols, security, and infrastructure.
- Familiarity with Windows and MacOS operating systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), or equivalent is a plus.
- Work experience with SAP Business one is a plus.
- Remain up to date in your area of specialty or expertise.
- Apply a body of knowledge and experience to current business situations in order to add value and improve business efficiencies and profitability.
- Apply technical or specialist expertise and experience for the benefit of the organisation and consider the context in which these are applied.
- Ensure that your functional expertise supports that of other experts, rather than being in competition with them (e.g. colleagues).
- Persuade or negotiate with others by relying on technical or specialist knowledge and experience;
- Present documented material or proposals in a credible and professional manner
- Share the technical implications of a situation with non-specialists, or explain it to them
- Interpersonal skills
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Speak English clearly and confidently i.e. must be articulate;
- Listen actively to fully understand the other person’s view or perspective;
- Tailor feedback to the specific needs and communication styles of others;
- Prepare effective presentations and where required, concisely present/communicate a complete and accurate picture of the current situation or of the company’s products and services;
- Develop and maintain two-way communication with a variety of people at different levels both within and outside the organisation;
- Suggest proposals to address vital concerns and important business issues; and
- Build a network of relevant role-players both within and outside the organization.
Method of Application
If you feel you have what it takes to operate in a continuously changing environment, and are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, kindly send the following documents.
1. Curriculum Vitae.
2. Copies of relevant qualifications; and
3. Two traceable references to;