Job Title: Entrepreneurship Associate
Duration: 24 months, Renewable Contract
Location: Lusaka (Primary); Flexible/Remote
Reports to: Manager Entrepreneurship Programmes
Start Date: 8th January, 2023
BongoHive is determined to work with great minds that are building viable solutions that change the world. Over the past ten (12) years, BongoHive has supported over two thousand (2,000) enterprises in collaboration with over twenty-three (23) public, private, local and international partners to build cutting edge products and services, delivering value to their customers and shareholders across four (4) countries.
The team leverages various methodologies such as design thinking, lean startup modelling, agile and scrum methodologies. In practice this includes, but is not limited to innovation challenges that BongoHive facilitates on behalf of corporations by collaborating with staff through short, intensive hackathons, sprints and co-creation workshops pulling on experts, techies & consumers alike to design & test ideas solving social or business challenges that impede business growth.
About the Entrepreneurship Unit:
As an entrepreneurship associate in the BongoHive Innovations – Entrepreneurship Unit, the associate will be a key member of the organisation contributing broadly in the following ways: designing entrepreneurship programmes and providing consultation to clients, entrepreneurs, and leading cross-functional teams to address business challenges. The associate will additionally provide recommendations and strategic/technical departmental plans based on business and market data.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Design, facilitate, and support entrepreneurship programmes, workshops, and challenges
- Lead & manage the application & communications process across the entrepreneurship programmes
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure seamless, actionable campaigns are created which convert leads into applications & fill the programme with quality candidates
- Collaborate across other functional teams to support the integration of information into strategic planning recommendations.
- Leverage BongoHive Innovations’ unique data used to power innovative approaches to address business challenges and identify external and internal entrepreneur opportunities that align with market trends and business needs.
- Lead project management and coordination/development of work plans, deliverables, and activities.
- Manage internal and external relationships and cultivate new relationships with clients, entrepreneurs, mentors and other community stakeholders to support BongoHive programs and events.
- Generate project reports, updates, and other resources for internal and external use
- Collaborate with the finance team to ensure all project fees and costs are requested and reported on time.
- Be present for scheduled weekly and monthly staff meetings and provide updates on her/his learnings, achievements, lessons, identified opportunities, and challenges in the week prior and the week ahead.
Key Requirements / Competencies:
- Post-graduate education in a relevant field, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of strategic analysis, entrepreneurship (or intrapreneurship), design thinking, and/or innovation.
- Keen interest in technology and digital transformation (experience working in the field is a plus).
- Strong organisational skills and detailed orientation.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, identify errors, and prepare presentations or reports.
- Ability to learn and effectively use new software and other technology to manage operational processes.
- Demonstrated project management, quantitative and analytical, and oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, and work both collaboratively or independently as tasks require.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate with others.
- Ability to work well as part of a tech-first, fast-paced, asynchronous team.
- A positive attitude, professional appearance, and manner (in written and verbal communication).
- Excellent computer skills, not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
Ability to multitask within BongoHive’s collaborative team structure and open work environment with varied noise and distractions levels.
This position requires flexible hours of work which includes working long hours and weekends.