Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Farm Manager. The position reports to the Crop Production Manager -West and operates within the agriculture function.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Ensuring highest possible cane quality and farming productivity, whilst optimizing crop volume and yield at the lowest possible cost.
Key Performance Areas
- Manage all farming activities, timing and quality standards related to cane production.
- Ensure all assets within the farm are maintained within Illovo standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with neighbouring villages and farms, where relevant.
- Develop, implement, and manage farm resource and activity plans.
- Monitor farm budgets and implement cost reduction measures to ensure budget adherence.
- Ensure adherence to harvesting schedule and crop estimate cadence, and accurate reports submitted on time.
- Secure materials and other farm inputs
- Ensure company policies are followed.
- Ensure farm activity data is captured accurately and consistently in CanePro.
- Ensure labour is recruited in line with farm plan and approve farm input data for monthly payroll.
- Implement and monitor continuous improvement practices by driving work practices and ensuring that tools and techniques are applied to deliver high quality, sustainable supply of estate sugar cane.
- Oversee effective talent and performance management, developing skills within teams through on-the-job coaching.
- Conduct on the job training and instruction on various operations, and identify new training needs where appropriate.
- Identify and monitor KPIs and balanced scorecards, track performance and flag any issues.
- Manage fire and security risks.
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in Agriculture.
- 3+ years’ experience in sugar cane agriculture.
- Good business acumen and agricultural expertise, with ability to anticipate, interpret and respond to changes impacting on functional area.
- Strong data analysis skills.
Method of Application
All interested in applying for this position, please submit your detailed CV & copies of relevant qualifications, ID/ Passports in PDF format as a single document, for the attention of HR Business Partner: Nakambala to email@example.com stating clearly the position applied for – Farm Manager.
All internal employees are expected to complete Internal Application Form and obtain relevant signatures when applying for vacancies. No hard copies applications or phone calls will be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 9th November 2023 at 17:00hrs. All applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.