Purpose of the Job
To head the Sales department. He or she will oversee the formulation and implementation of sales and marketing strategy, manage and lead the sales team and other operational functions assigned to the position.
- Developing and achieving sales strategies.
- Preparing annual sales budget, Setting sales targets and monitoring performance.
- Managing and motivating the sales team.
- Acquiring new customers, Building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Analysing market trends and competitor activity.
- Handling customer's complaints effectively and on time.
- Effective communication with internal and external customers for better coordination.
- Generating invoices for the customers on a timely basis at set frequency.
- Regular follow-up with the credit customers for timely payment.
- Increase export customers.
- Have the latest updates on the market and on new opportunities.
- Should have knowledge of drafting sales agreements with terms better suitable for the company.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in either Marketing/ Sales, or Business Management, or Business Administration, or any other related field.
- At least 10 Years working experience in a sale’s position within a fast paced and dynamic business environment preferably Senior Sales Manager
- Should be aggressive in achieving Results – driving a high-performance culture.
- Have strong leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Sales Head should have excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with clients, customers, and team members.
- Possess strong strategic thinking skills, including the ability to identify and evaluate opportunities. This also involves developing and implementing sales plans and adapting to changes in a market.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyse sales data, identify trends and make informed decisions using relevant information.
- Candidate should be able to develop and implement data-driven sales strategies that align with the company’s goals.
- Must demonstrate high proficiency in IT skills, which are necessary for the creating both visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations for the senior sales management.
- Reporting details
- Reports to: General Manager -Commercial
- Subordinates: 1-2 members in his team.
Method of Application
The Managing Partner
Laura & Partners Consulting Limited
CV 16 D.C. Wallace Road,
COMESA Exhibition Village, Show Grounds, Lusaka
Applications must be emailed with the subject “Head Sales”. Only electronic applications will be accepted.