Job Position: Accounts and Administrative Officer
Job Purpose: To plan, control and organize the accounting functions of the Institute
The Finance and Administration person will be required to do the following:
Maintaining existing member database and creating new ones.
Invoicing members and dispatching the invoices
Receipting any incoming payments
Banking promptly the received payments
Preparing debtors schedules for the Treasurer on a monthly basis for decision making
Sending out statements to members to show what is outstanding every year end
Processing all approved payments and maintaining records thereto.
Update Pastel every end of the week
Preparing remittances for NAPSA, PAYE and physically remitting them before deadline
Ensuring salaries are paid on time.
Maintaining proper files for all records
- Typing reports and letters when required
- Logistics arrangements for travel outside Lusaka and Zambia for Council Members
- Supervising cleaning of the office
- Calling and organizing meetings and interviews
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Budgeting & Bank Reconciliation
- Bank reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Preparing monthly budgets for petty cash and any other field cost
- Maintaining proper files for all records
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements i.e. Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss and Cash flow statements
- Work with auditors at the end of the year to develop audited end of year accounts.
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Bachelor of Accountancy or its equivalent
- Professional Qualification such ACCA, CIMA or CA
- ZICA Membership and Minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar Position
- Knowledge of Pastel Accounting Software
Other Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Previous Experience in a related field will be added advantage;
- Self-Driven with Excellent Customer Care Skills;
- Exceptional Communication Skills;
- Ability to Maintain a Strict Level of Confidence;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs;
- Attention to Detail;
- Professional Appearance;
- Strong Problem Solving Skills and Excellent Organisational Skills;
- Highly Motivated and Ability to Prioritize Efficiently;
- Ability to Work Alone or As Part of a Team;
- Enthusiastic and Reliable;
- High Levels of Integrity
- Knowledge of Basic Office Management Procedures;
- Valid driver license