LOLC Finance Zambia Limited is a registered Deposit taking Non-Bank Financial Institution with a Housing Finance License. The Company currently operates from eleven locations, namely Head Office in Lusaka, Main Branch in Central Lusaka, Kitwe, Solwezi, Chingola, Ndola, Kalumbila, Kabwe, Chipata, Mansa, Choma and Mongu.
LOLC Finance Zambia Limited is a subsidiary of LOLC Holdings Plc which is the largest diversified and most profitable Group in Sri Lanka and is listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange. The Group has a presence in over twenty-five countries worldwide including nine countries in Africa.
To support the LOLC Finance Zambia vision, we are recruiting qualified and experienced individuals for the following position:
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER – LUSAKA
Overall Objective: Managing the organization’s finances and being responsible for the soundness of the organization’s financial controls and financial reporting; contributing towards the setting up and tracking of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives; and managing and providing leadership to the Finance team.
- Developing the departmental and overall company’s strategic business plans and annual plans. Also monitor the company’s annual plans to ensure they are in line with the business plan;
- Preparation of compliance reports as required by the regulator, Bank of Zambia;
- Management and review of internal control systems to ensure integrity of financial information;
- Developing and ensuring the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs and systems;
- Interact with Heads of Business Units to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analysis, reports and recommendations;
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, revenue expenditure, capital expenditure, departmental budgets, salary updates, ledger and account maintenance and data entry;
- Identifying working capital and long term financing requirements for the company and sourcing of funds for these requirements;
- Coordinating the preparations of financial reports, special analysis and other reports;
- Ensure financial records and systems are maintained in accordance with the Companies Act requirements, the Banking and Financial Services Act requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Control of the Company’ s expenditure and identification and implementation of cost saving measures;
- Board pack preparation and presentation; compliance and Tax planning; and Providing leadership to the finance and administration departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy/Finance
- ACCA/CIMA qualification and membership with ZICA
- Minimum of three years’ experience at the level of Head of Finance or Chief Financial Officer role in banking or other financial institution.
Method of Application
Experience in an auditing firm at manager level, would be an added advantage. Please clearly indicate the job title in the subject of your email and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application for example, Chief Financial Officer_Aaron_Banda. Applications should consist of your CV and Academic
Qualifications. Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted. The closing date for accepting applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.