The USAID/Zambia Alternatives to Charcoal (USAID A2C) activity focuses on reducing urban charcoal consumption and increasing the use of low emission alternative technologies and/or fuels to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and deforestation. USAID A2C is seeking a Grants Assistant to provide support to the grants under contract program.
The Grants Assistant will report to and provide administrative support to the USAID Alternatives to Charcoal (A2C) Grants Manager.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The Grants Assistant has the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the pre-award risk assessment process for prospective grantees.
- Ensure all USAID vetting requirements are completed (SAM, OFAC and other).
- Timely filing of all paper and electronic grant award documents.
- Track and review upcoming grantee milestones, sending reminders to technical focal points as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date grants trackers and calendars, including in reference to milestone payments.
- Support the Grants Manager to ensure milestone payments are received in a timely manner from grantees and meet the requirements of the grant agreement.
- Provide clear and efficient feedback to all potential grant applicants and grantees, ensuring a professional approach to grants management.
- Draft meeting minutes as requested.
- Deliver support in response to grantee inquiries.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Grants Manager
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy/ business administration or Level II ACCA/CIMA
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience implementing a USAID-funded grants program required. Experience with Grants Under Contract (GUC) highly preferred.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Sales Force highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally