As an Accounts Intern, you will be responsible for gathering financial data and preparing accurate reports. Entering data into the spreadsheets, check accuracy of financial statements, complete balance sheets, organize important files and provide support to the Finance Team. You will work closely with the Senior Finance & Admin Officer to understand our Company’s accounting practices. The Accounts Intern job also highlights strong analytical skills in cross checking and verifying financial documents. Attention to detail and data entry skills are important requirements for this role.
Stuff We’ll Trust You With.
- Assisting in collection and preparation of monthly financial reports. • Undertaking data entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Organize a financial filing system that is easily accessible.
- Assisting the accounting Team in researching and analyzing financial data.Maintaining accurate and detailed inventory records.
- Performing administrative duties such as preparing invoices and updating accounting files as and when required.
- Cross-checking financial statements and data for accuracy.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending. Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes including Audits.
- Assisting in the filing of returns
- Degree in Accounting and/or part-qualified ACCA and active ZICA membership. Skills
- Solid understanding of basic accounting and accounts payable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage financial records.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to build good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a broader team
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree