To perform general cleaning functions inside (office/admin/kitchen/reception areas) and outside of the building and to assist with tasks allocated within the range of competence, thereby contributing to a clean, safe, and efficient working environment.
Main Technical Duties:
All duties take place in accordance with the Company Policies and Procedures and relevant legislation.
- Clean the kitchen equipment and facilities using appropriate detergent thereby ensuring the kitchen is neat at all times.
- Empties rubbish bins and removes rubbish from designated areas daily.
- Ensure cleaning duties are undertaken as per the cleaning roster.
- Ensure crockery, utensils, consumables, etc. are cleared at designated times, cleaned, and stored in the appropriate cupboards and fridge when not in use (ensure relevant cupboards are locked)
- Ensure environmental procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that chemicals are mixed in the ratio laid down by the manufacturer.
- Ensure that no wastage takes place and correct waste bins are used.
- Ensure the cleaning equipment is used as instructed and recommended by the manufacturer.
- Ensure windows, doorways, floors, carpets, and furniture, etc. are cleaned and properly maintained according to standards within designated areas (e.g., mop floor, clean walls, wipes cupboard tops, working areas, etc. using appropriate detergent/disinfectants).
- Inform the supervisor of broken equipment immediately.
- Make and serve tea and coffee (refreshments) for staff members and visitors as required.
- Report any faults identified to management while performing duties.
- Check and replace toilet paper in bathrooms daily.
- Complete a store request for consumables and submit it to the supervisor for authorization.
- Obtain consumables from stores.
- This Job Specification indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the position and therefore is not intended as an exhaustive.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The following are the minimum required qualifications for the role: –
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate
- Certificate of medical fitness.
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a cleaner
- Communicates effectively (verbal)
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Attention to detail.
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing.
- Problem solving skills.
- Very good interpersonal relationship skills
- Highly motivated individual with strong self-management skills
The position is on a fixed Term renewable contract.
Method of Application
APPLICATION DETAILS AND PROCESS
Candidates who meet the above stated Qualifications and Experience must apply to: –
The Managing Partner
DBK Management Consulting Limited
Applications should be submitted online via the recruitment portal.
To submit your application, Click here or visit the website dbkrecruitment.com and click on the job posting for Plaza Attendant/ Cleaner and fill in all the required fields.
No paper-based applications will be considered for the application process.
The applicants should include: –
A Letter of application, Curriculum Vitae and Certified copies of all qualifications and certificates.
Names and addresses of three (3) referees, two (2) of whom must be professional authorities in relevant fields.