ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (PERMANENT POSITION)
LANCET LABORATORIES LIMITED ZAMBIA
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED AT THE LUSAKA MAIN LABORATORY
Key Competency Requirements:
- Relevant Accounting Certification or Qualification
- Membership to ZICA
- Minimum two years relevant working experienc
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have data entry experience
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent telephone and email etiquette
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment
- Must have attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of SAGE
- Responsible for bookkeeping and bank payments to ensure effective operations
- Compile and update invoices, statements to ensure correct processing of information.
- Assist with ad hoc projects to ensure effective operations
- Responsible for supplier statement recon and follow-up on outstanding invoices within the agreed time frame to comply with credit agreements.
- Manage supplier expectations of payments by handling and resolving internal and external supplier queries and sending proof of payments.
- Matching invoices to orders and goods received to comply with SOPs.
- On new invoices received, sort alphanumerically, capture vendor number, highlight date stamp, check VAT, banking details and ensure authorisation by correct level of authority is in place.
- Check status of all new invoices to ensure no duplicate payments are made and then capture and list for Supervisor to check and post.
- File payment batches that have been posted for recordkeeping.
Applications Close 17 hours Sunday 8th October 2023. No late applications will be considered. Applications missing documents will not be considered. Candidates must address all key competency requirement. Candidates must avail themselves for background checks and interview. Should you not receive any communication by 30th November 2023 please consider your application unsuccessful.