The Zambia Tourism Agency (ZTA) is a Statutory Body established through the Tourism and Hospitality Act No. 13 of 2015. The Act mandates the Zambia Tourism Agency to effectively market and promote Zambia as a tourism and travel destination of choice and to regulate the tourism industry.
The Zambia Tourism Agency wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant positions:
SENIOR MANAGER – POLICY, PLANNING AND INFORMATION (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Manager – Policy, Planning and information will research and develop the tourism market information system, and provide information and statistics for purposes of policy formulation and implementation.
- Ensure the development and execution of a comprehensive strategic plan for Zambia’s tourism industry, aligning with the agency’s mission and objectives.
- Oversee the research, analysis and advocate for policies that promote sustainable tourism growth, enhance visitor experiences, and protect Zambia’s natural and cultural assets.
- Oversee the collection, analysis, and dissemination of tourism-related data and information to support decision-making and marketing efforts.
- Ensures effectively the management of domestic tourism information centres in key source markets in order to provide tourism information.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of regular reports to the executive team and stakeholders on the progress of strategic initiatives, policy outcomes, and key performance indicators.
- Ensure the Agency is up-to-date with industry trends, market research, and global best practices to inform strategic decision-making.
- Ensures effectively management of human, financial and other resources in order to facilitate achievement of set objectives.
- Ensures the preparation annual reports that conform to the requirements of Parliament and preparing other reports designed to serve the various stakeholders’ needs;
- Ensures that the organisation is alerted to major strategic issues which might affect industrial growth and performance and propose appropriate actions;
Qualifications and Personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent.
- Full Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Master’s Degree as an added advantage.
- 8 years work experience, 4 years of which must be at management level
- Able to write technical and analytical reports
- Computer literate
- Interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in these positions, kindly send your detailed CV and copies of educational and professional certificates (clearly stating in the e- mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for) to: email@example.com or to the physical address below
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Zambia Tourism Agency
Abacus House. Kabelenga Road. Boma Area
P.O. Box 30017