- To plan monthly uplifts across all projects and ensure that 85% capacity requirement is met.
- To manage relationships with vendors and resolve any customer complaints arising.
- To Prepare monthly reports with specific deadlines to top management.
- To approve costs and services for all projects on a monthly basis.
- To evaluate and report potential demurrages to management/clients.
- To manage the Forwarding Operations team and ensure that they are meeting the set KPI’s.
- To ensure that all forwarding procedures are in place and being followed by the team.
- And any other duties assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/BA Degree in Transport and Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in transport & logistics, warehouse management, with exposure to and understanding of supplier management and rates negotiations.
- Working knowledge of warehouse operations, including warehouse processes and best practice, material handling equipment, inventory management and safety requirements
- Knowledge of customer service operations and logistics analytics is essential
- Proven high ethical standards
- Sound business acumen
- Proven track record in managing and developing teams
- Excellent knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory standards
- Member of Zambia Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics (ZCILT) Mandatory
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations, and ID/Passport
The subject of your email should read: Application: Freight Forwarding Manager