Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To safely operate plant and equipment, monitor and control the process to produce a consistent product of the right quality at optimum cost
KEY RESULT AREAS AND OUTCOMES:
OUTPUTS EXPECTED RESULTS
- Operate Utilities plant and equipment
- Prepare for plant start up
- Start up plant
- Run the plant
- Shut down the plant
- Execute cleaning of plant
- Complete all documentation
- Control inputs usage
- Ensure plant is in working order
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment
Monitor and control the process
- Measure performance attributes
- Record performance attributes
- Monitor and evaluate trends
- Assure the quality of inputs
- Initiate corrective action
- Perform cleaning of the equipment as per standard.
- Raising of job cards for equipment problems.
- Execute basic lubrication and inspection tasks.
Work in teams
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
- Contribute to self and team development
Apply the VPO principles and practices
Apply 5S standards and practices in the
- Work and communicate effectively in teams
- Operate and control the process according to SOP’s
- Conduct autonomous maintenance
- Manage quality at source
- Improve personal competence and flexibility
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND MEASURES:
- Utilities efficiencies
- Effluent treatment plant operation
- Utilities parameters modulation
Completed 5 whys
- VPO and Participation in general problem solving.
- General housekeeping Health, Safety and Environment
- Adherence to PPE policies
- Identification of unsafe practices
- Safe maintenance practices
- Maintenance tools in good working order
DECISION-MAKING POWERS AND AUTHORITIES:
This person is authorized to:
- Operate the equipment according to the work instructions and adhering to safe working practices at all times.
- Make minor adjustments to the machine to maintain line efficiencies and quality requirements.
- Stop the machine should a malfunction occur. If the stoppage is longer than 5 minutes, the operator must inform the Process Artisan of the problem.
- Maintain housekeeping standards in his area of operation.
- Education: Min – Diploma in engineering or plant operations
- Ideal – Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Legal: None
- Training: Min – 6 weeks – 3 months on the job training
- Ideal – 3 – 6 months on the job training
- Experience: None
Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
PC literate – Basic PC literacy
- Operate specific Utilities process equipment
- Monitor process performance for specific process equipment
- Work in teams
ABInBev is an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in line with ABInBev employment equity plan and talent requirements
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short listing.