Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Kronos Clerk in the Human Resource Department.
The position reports to the Kronos Administrator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the input and update of hourly employee’s schedules into the Kronos Time Keeping application, assist with reviews of documentation preparation and carrying out of daily Kronos edits corrections and reconciliation. Prepare Inputs for Seasonal, Offcrop and Permanent employees under Manufacturing.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To prepare all wages and salary inputs for employees under Manufacturing.
- Process Time books for all seasonal and permanent employees under Manufacturing.
- Submit to Finance – payroll fully signed and authorised wages inputs monthly.
- Calculate shift allowance for all eligible employees both seasonal and permanent.
- Calculate new basic pay every after a negotiated salary increment for all unionised employees.
- Calculate stand-by allowance for all eligible employees both seasonal and permanent unionised.
- Check and verify any absent days in the time book and make necessary deductions on the wages inputs.
- Prepare a payroll summary of days, shift allowances, standby allowances, absent days, other arrears, merit bonus etc., and submit to Finance – payroll as soft copy in excel file.
- Check the trial payroll run from Finance; make corrections and verify that all the days, shift allowance, stand-by allowance, overtime, any leave days etc.
- To prepare seasonal payment payroll summaries monthly every after payment of salaries.
- To sort and pack Payslips for seasonal and permanent unionised under Factory for distribution by Factory Admin.
- Inform the Kronos administrator of deviations in the reporting schedule on employee timecards.
- To capture all fully signed and authorised overtime forms into Kronos.
- Prepare discharges for separated employees.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum Diploma in Human resources Management or any Management Course
- Minimum 1 year experience in similar role
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with any Time and Attendance system
- Payroll input function experience is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of SAFLEC and Kronos (not required) but a plus.