Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
To provide specialist advise & support in the maintenance & analysis of banking activities & initiatives in order to provide accurate reports & information to relevant stakeholders, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
Accountability: Income Growth and Financial Target (60%)
- Driving income and sales targets by cross selling, upselling and acquiring new prospective clients
- Ensure dedicated relationships are maintained and grown by being the single point of entry via appointment based customer interaction as well as On-Site visitation.
- Create and maintain an annual client interaction management plan.
- Ensure the long term sustainability of the portfolio by establishing relationships with new clients and solution-based up-selling to existing clients.
- Create a pipeline of new business by working on leads generation initiatives with Retail, CIB, Commercial, existing client base and within the business growth section of RBB.
- Make effective use of client planning and solutioning tools for the top 30% of the portfolio to ensure in-depth understanding of the clients’ needs, in order to provide clients with the best possible solutions.
- Achieve new business and up-selling sales targets by pro-actively driving cross functional teams (including but not limited to Sector and product Specialist) to find client-centric solutions which must be formalised in strategic proposals and presented to clients in accordance to the distinct Client Value proposition (CVP) for Enterprise Accounts.
- Achieve customer satisfaction targets within the assigned portfolio by improving customer NPS.
- Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of local and regional market trends and business lifecycle challenges.
- Track and monitor the financial performance of the portfolio by utilizing available MI.
- Apply risk-based pricing for all new sales and pricing reviews in line with standard pricing and fee structure/guidelines and applications. Negotiated pricing by exception based on existing concession models.
- Operate and position Enterprise Banking in a dynamic and highly competitive market place by interacting with all relevant stakeholders and driving key initiatives to secure customer retention and growth.
- Achieve sales targets relevant to the strategic initiatives and drivers of the Enterprise Business accounts segment.
- Focus on customer graduation to more customer focused and appropriate value proposition, upgrading the customer to the RBB Business/Commercial cost to serve value proposition.
Accountability: Internal and Client Relationship Management (20%)
- Actively drive acquisition initiatives through pro-active re-engagement process supported by Enterprise banking campaign initiatives.
- Conduct regular client visits in accordance with the Enterprise Business Value proposition and initiate changes to RBB Product by providing input into product development to better service the customers.
- Own the primary relationship with the client by being the only point of entry to the client and ensure the portfolio is serviced appropriately.
- Proactively educate the customers of the new operating model and value proposition that RBB offers.
- Make use of the middle and back office support networks to ensure effective on-boarding and complete end-to-end service delivery.
- Maintain overall ownership for servicing the client on operational matters by driving relevant internal support networks such as the Business Support Centre.
- Conduct client visits and maintain a client visitation plan to improve customer service.
- Participate in the internal customer surveys to ensure the internal relationships are improved, built and value is extracted from these relationships.
- Communicate and implement any actions to improve service following client feedback and/or complaints to all relevant parties within the bank.
- Work proactively with colleagues across the group to support the growth of lead generation by introducing and working with relevant group specialist such as commercial property finance, SME specialists, franchising, etc.
- Promote alternative delivery channels to clients.
- Take responsibility for meeting challenging individual and team targets.
- Provide support to team members where assigned.
- Stay abreast of new industry developments and client market positions.
Accountability: Manage Risk Assessment (20%)
- Understand and apply the relevant governance and compliance procedure to activities undertaken and maintain ongoing completion of relevant governance and compliance training.
- Maintain customer records and accurate completion of applications and paperwork by capturing customer information.
- Take ultimate ownership of the portfolio’s risk management by ensuring a good understanding of both the Bank’s and the client’s regulatory and compliance environments.
- Manage the Not Fit For Processing listings for KAMLS documents are at a minimum.
- Manage dormant accounts ensuring clients activate accounts or close accounts if no longer required.
- Take ownership of scanning all KAMLS (Know Your Customer and Anti Money Laundering) and other on-boarding documentation relevant to the customer (New and Existing customers).
- Ensure that all outstanding collateral conditions and conditions of credit are met.
- Pro-actively manage customer credit risk and/customer dissatisfaction due to credit limits not being renewed.
- Manage high risk customers by reviewing their accounts as per the Review Manager and negotiate reduction on facilities as per the review policy guidelines.
- Apply appropriate solutions according to the risk profile and credit appetite within the industry.
National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)