Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Internal Firm Services – Other
Job Description & Summary
A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You’ll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC’s regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Risk and Quality team identifies and assists internal teams to mitigate and control client engagement risks. As part of the team, you’ll provide advice to business teams within PwC on sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with PwC policies, principles and standards.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the Risk and Quality Associate Partner and Manager on all Risk, Independence and Quality matters.
- Carry out Risk Assessment for all standards and perform quarterly reviews.
- Carry out and maintain the firm’s enterprise risk assessment.
- Carry out client due diligence (CDD) checks and facilitate the whole CDD process.
- Support the client verification process as part of the firm’s client acceptance procedures.
- Preparation of progress reports for the Annual Compliance Confirmation and local additional Independence Confirmation process.
- Monitor completion of training (e-learning and classroom based training) and carry out remedial efforts.
- Provide support for the firm’s Business Continuity Management programme.
- Provide support for the firms Information Security Management programme.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reports and other adhoc reporting as required.
- Carry out testing of compliance with the Risk management and Network Standards.
- Maintain R&Q documents (physical and electronic) and ensure filing system is effective and efficient.
- Handle logistics for meetings and events including by scheduling, arranging, booking all resources necessary, and preparing and organising material for R&Q events.
- Take minutes for R&Q related meetings.
- Assist in ad hoc research as and when required.
Scope and Dimensions of the Role
- The jobholder is expected to support the Risk Management function and create a risk awareness culture in the firm by formally bringing the consideration of risk into strategic decision making.
- He/she will be expected to provide support to the country R&Q Manager, country LoS Risk Managers and work with the Africa R&Q team in all risk and independence matters across.
- The jobholder is expected to implement Global and Africa compliance processes and procedures locally to ensure absolute adherence.
- He/she is expected to ensure that all applicable Ethics and Compliance standards are embedded in the firm’s day to day processes.
- The jobholder is expected to monitor country/LoS risk management and independence processes on a regular basis.
- He/she will support the R&Q manager who is a reference point for the Africa Associate Director to obtain assurance that R&Q policies and procedures are effective in the firm.
- Strong business insight and good internal customer relationship skills.(E)
- High level of tact and diplomacy and the ability to use appropriate styles and methods of communication to ensure a professional yet personal customer service. (D)
- Understanding of importance of Risk Management and ability to conceptualise administrative support to the R&Q Manager. (E)
- Good understanding of the laws and regulatory environment. (E)
- Strong project management skills.(D)
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills and experience operating at a strategic level.(E)
- Good communication, influencing and negotiation skills.(E)
- Decision-making skills and reporting on complex issues. (E)
- Ability to exploit IT systems and to develop effective information networks and management information. (E)
- Good conflict management skills. (D)
- Demonstrate the ability to lead by example, manage, motivate and develop staff.(E)
- Minimum years experience required
- Two years experience in a related business environment in a similar role.(E)
- A Degree in Accounting, Economics, Law or any Business related field – Essential
- Certificate in Risk Management – Desired
- (D – Desirable, E – Essential)
- Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
- Degrees/Field of Study required:
- Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
- Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?