Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly motivated and committed employee for the position of a Psychosocial Counsellor to join the versatile LPDC team. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
- If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
Reporting to the Community Welfare and Sports Coordinator, you will be responsible for Implementing Social Welfare programs in Lumwana Township aimed at improving residents’ quality of lifestyle across site.
Your duties & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out awareness programs on gender-based violence and other social ills across Lumwana township.
- Support activities around the drop-in center, mother’s shelter and health related (Counseling and Testing, support clinic programs etc).
- Work closely with other stakeholders in social welfare programs (Social events included).
- Capturing daily, weekly and monthly statistics for further analysis.
- Administering community welfare services and coding Psychosocial Counselling Services within the Community.
- Maintain accurate records, (ensuring safety of records and maintaining confidentiality).
- Implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness.
- Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy and other policies (Human Rights, Ant bribery etc.
- Participate in the development of various subject brochures.
To be considered for the position, the applicant must have the following;
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum Diploma in Sociology related qualification or Development studies)
- Computer literacy.
- 3 years of working experience in the mining industry will be an added advantage
- Experience in community work or NGOs will be an added advantage
- Good communicator, patient, willing to work longer hours (including night when required to)
- Must have good record-keeping skills
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization