Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly motivated and committed employee for the position of a Plumber to join the versatile LPDC team. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
- If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the establishment of preventative and responsive maintenance and development within the township and across the site.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: –
- In cooperation with the Supervisor, will be responsible for the day-to-day mechanical maintenance of the township and other areas across site with regard to water reticulation.
- Read and interpret drawings of the township pipe layout
- Service, install and replace worn out pipes and pumps and plumbing works across site
- Clean and test components and conduct regular servicing of equipment.
- Review of maintenance tasks and procedures including JSA’s and SOP’s
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel at all times.
- The position will be expected to positively impact and contribute to the performance of the company through leadership and individual activity.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor.
To be considered for the position, the applicant must have the following;
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum Craft Certificate in Plumbing
- Significant experience (3 years) in a similar role in the maintenance, construction or mining sector.
- Sound understanding and experience of the principles of Plumbing and national building standards.
- Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian driver’s license
- If you have welding skills is added advantage.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization