MANAGER – FINANCIAL AUDITS
JOB PURPOSE / DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the formulation and delivery of the annual internal audit work plan for the Financial Audits Unit.
- Must possess a Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent qualifications vetted by the appointing authority.
- Professional Qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/ZICA or other Relevant Qualifications
- Certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor are an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENT
- At least six (6) years’ experience in external auditing from reputable Organisations.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to analyze issue and provide reasonable recommendations/solutions.
- Good report writing skills.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in area of specialty.
- Responsible for the formulation and delivery of the annual internal audit work plan for the Financial Audits Unit.
- Ensure that financial audits are conducted to provide assurance on the adequacy, efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s financial reporting and financial management, stores management and procurement.
- Prepare the annual audit work plan and staff plan for the Financial Audit Unit.
- Review financial management and investment processes and procedures to ensure they are adequate and effective.
- Make recommendations for a sound framework of control, to improve the control environment.
- Ensure that work meets professional standards, industry practices and the internal audit department’s guidelines.
- Prepare and present written reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to management.
- Enhance skills development by providing training and coaching to staff.
- Develop internal audit processes and procedures in compliance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
The Contract is for three (3) years.
Thursday 14th September 2023