CHIEF ENGINEER – MAINTENANCE (Number Required: 10)
JOB PURPOSE / DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Senior Regional Manager To coordinate Maintenance activities in the Region for both breakdown maintenance and corrective maintenance. To formulate maintenance Key Performance Indicators and comply with the targets. Ensure minimal system breakdowns and manage maintenance costs. Ensure availability of tools, materials, and vehicles for the teams. Managing maintenance budget.
• Must possess a Grade 12 School Certificate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or any related field.
• Registered member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENT
• Minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be able to drive corporate vehicles.
• Must be competent with MS Project.
• Must have highly developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to interpret and prepare various reports.
• Must be a team builder, team player, good listener with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must possess good leadership skills and ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Must demonstrate relevant technical knowledge.
• Must exhibit problem solving skills.
• Must demonstrate efficiency, effectiveness.
• Ensuring timely preparation and implementation of the Distribution System maintenance schedules to provide clients with reliable and good quality electricity.
• Ensuring timely procurement of required materials and tools for optimum delivery of service and preventing material wastage by carrying out regular audits on all materials booked out for use.
• Enforcing sound financial and budgetary controls.
• Carrying out Distribution System equipment testing and commissioning in liaison with other Departments.
• In liaison with MMS Planner and supervisors, revise maintenance planning procedures in conformity with maintenance best practices and enforce the Maintenance Planning Procedures.
• Review and approve weekly, monthly and 52 weekly maintenance plans in liaison with the MMS Planner.
• Define and review Maintenance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for evaluation of maintenance performance.
• Plan, organize resources, direct, monitor and control the utilization of maintenance resources to achieve the desired equipment availability and reliability.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual maintenance reports.
• Ensure compliance with all SHEQ standards.
• Perform any other duties lawfully assigned to you by the supervisor.
The Contract is for three (3) years.
Thursday 14th September 2023