CHIEF ACCOUNTANT (02 Positions)
JOB PURPOSE / DESCRIPTION
To ensure availability of operating funds within the Business unit. To ensure maintenance and implementation of adequate internal controls in line with company policies/procedures and relevant laws. To coordinate the finance function activities and maintain cooperative working relationships with stakeholders. To maintain proper accounting records which disclose with reasonable accuracy the financial performance and position at any time. To coordinate the preparation of the consolidated Business unit budget and to monitor and control its implementation.
- Must possess a Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Professional Qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/ZICA or other Relevant Qualifications strongly preferred in accounting vetted by the appointing authority.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is an added advantage.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- At least eight (8) years post qualification experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENT
- Knowledge of accounting, International Financial Reporting Standards, the budgeting process and budgeting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures and relevant laws such as the Public Finance management Act and Public Procurement Act.
- Knowledge of the Financial Management System and should be familiar with the various implemented business information systems and interface points in the company.
- A good understanding of business operations of the Company.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications such as Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Commitment to continuous learning and keeping abreast with the latest Financial Reporting Standards, technological developments, business, and economic trends.
- Ability to competently perform detailed statistical analyses.
- Ability to interpret financial data contained in reports and ledgers.
- Should be able to prepare and present clear, concise administrative and financial reports.
- Prepare and consolidate Management reports for the Business unit on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Coordinate and consolidate the budget for the Business unit and ensure it is in line with the business and strategic plan.
- Ensure monitoring and adherence to the approved budget.
- Ensure adherence to statutory regulations and company policies and
- Ensure internal control environment is operating effectively.
- Attend to internal and external audit queries.
- Ensure all CWIP, bank and cash, payables are reconciled monthly.
- Coordinate, manage and supervise the finance function of the Business Unit.
- Management of cash flows in the Business unit.
The Contract is for three (3) years.
Thursday 14th September 2023