KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, QUALITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Full grade twelve certificate with Credit or better in English and Mathematics
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Social Sciences from an accredited institution
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management
- Computer programs competence – Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Problem solving and people management skills.
- Proficient written and verbal communication
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
In consultation with the Human Resource Manager the role is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate and conduct all recruitment activities, including sourcing and screening candidates, conducting interviews, and making hiring recommendations
- Onboard and induct new employees, including providing them with orientation and training on company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and manage staff employment contracts.
- Payroll processing, terminal benefits management, staff advances and loan processing.
- Strengthen and improve the performance evaluation system to ensure that all staff are measured in terms of their contribution to institutional goals.
- Identify and address skills gaps in the workforce by coordinating with departmental experts to develop and deliver training programs.
- Source and coordinate external training opportunities.
- Compile and manage all training materials.
- Engage with staff through various channels of communication to identify areas for improvement and provide recommendations.
- Sensitize staff on policy requirements and coordinate and manage the disciplinary process.
- Interpret and sensitize staff on employment law and policy.
- Provide support and counselling to staff.
- Create, update and maintain employee personal files and HR Staff Correspondence file
- Monthly report to Management on HR activities
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certified qualifications (as one document) to the Human Resource Manager.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.