Madison Life Insurance Company (Z) Limited (MLife) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill in the following positions to be based at our Head Office in Lusaka.
1. Position: Assistant Investment Manager
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, QUALITIES & COMPETENCIES
Full grade twelve certificate with a merit or better in English and Mathematics
Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent) in Investments, Finance, Banking, Economics or related fields or Professional Qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACCA, CFA, FRM, CISI, CAIA or equivalent).
A minimum of 3 years work experience in investment management, financial analysis, corporate finance and related fields.
Skill Specifications: Research and Report writing, Communication and Computer skills
In consultation with the Investment Manager the role is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Continuously collect, analyse and interpret data related to the investment portfolios, such as company financial statements, price developments, currency adjustments and yield fluctuations.
- Perform financial due diligence, analysis and other actions as outlined in the companies’ investment policies and procedures on prospective investments and make appropriate recommendations.
- Undertake and write research reports that will form a key input to business proposals.
- Maintain up-to-date information on the latest economic and financial market trends and their impact on the investment portfolio.
- Draft business proposals for presentation to the Investment Manager.
- Develop and execute a marketing plan to promote the services offered by the Fund Management and ensure that the budgeted targets are achieved.
- Ensure the implementation and enforcement of investment policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that excess funds are promptly invested to maximise investment returns.
- Coordinate the audit activities of the Fund Management Department.
- Any other roles and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certified qualifications (as one document) to the Human Resource Manager.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged