Event coordinator will coordinate and oversee all event sales, and bookings, ascertain clients’ requirements, ensure the successful execution of functions, and attend to all events correspondence and telephone enquiries.
- Making arrangements for all club activities including dinner events or parties, special events, annual meeting or conferences, open houses, receptions or social mixers to attract new club members.
- Develop and manage the budgets for each event scheduled throughout the year.
- Selection of vendors for the events such as; decorators, PA, Music and Technical systems.
- Preparing all press releases, publicity, and marketing materials for sponsored events.
- Negotiating contracts with all types of vendors as needed for the events.
- Ensuring all events are dealt with from enquiry to confirmation and that function sheets are completed and distributed in good time.
- Creating a list of all activities that need to be executed by each department from the start to the end of the event.
- Actively get reservations for these events and coordinate with relevant individuals for the floor plan.
- Maintain at all times a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene following company guidelines.
- To sell all events/conference rooms, food and beverage.
- Inspecting events rooms prior to events, ensuring that all guest requirements have been actioned and that laid down procedures have been followed and standards attained.
- Ensure availability during functions to ensure that all activities run smoothly and according to schedule, and that any problems, queries and complaints are handled immediately and efficiently.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have a full grade 12 certificate with at least credit or merit in Mathematics and English.
- Must have a diploma or higher in Marketing, Hospitality management or a related field from a reputable college or University.
- Good Customer service attitude, with professional and ethical behaviour.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, creative, higher achiever, innovative to own work plans and see them through to completion.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ relevant experience in the same or a similar role.
- Basic understanding of digital marketing concepts.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask.
- Must be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Please send your application letter and summarized curriculum vitae only in a single document to the Human Resources Manager:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.