To ensure that the relevant machines and apparatus are available for use in the laboratory. They also carry out research into highly specialised matters and record their findings.
1. Ensuring the functionality and safety of the laboratory.
2. Carrying out experiments and research projects.
3. Recording the results of any experiments that take place.
4. Assisting students with research projects
5. Demonstrating methods and experiments to students
6. Controlling the materials kept in stock
7. Ensuring that machines and materials are ready for use.
8. Managing the lab timetable and scheduling machine use.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
1. Grade Twelve (12) or Form five (V) School Certificate with 5 “O” Levels including Mathematics and English.
2. Bachelor of Science Degree in Textile Science or its equivalent
3. At least 2 years related experience working in a textile and clothing industry, or skills training centre.
Method of Application
Procedure for Application Submission
Interested persons who meet the stated requirements for any of the positions should submit their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates and names of three (3) traceable referees, two (2) of whom must be professionally acquainted with the applicant to:
Itimpi, off Chingola Road,
P.O. BOX 20382,