Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of: –
1. Role: SHIFT BOSS – Development and Stopping
Reporting: Mine Captain – Production
Job Purpose: Ensure quality work is delivered and meet planned production targets and enforce company rules, standards, procedures, and policies.
- Enforce compliance to all mining plans, layouts, and schedules.
- Ensure all tools and equipment in use are fit for purpose.
- Developing and mining the stopes according to the survey measurements and mining them as designed in the long-term mine plans.
- Ensuring that the overlying ground in the stopes is naturally supported by permanent pillars left in the ore body as the ore is extracted between them.
- Ensure that the mining crew understands daily, weekly, and monthly planning targets and that every crew member understands his duties and responsibilities.
- Manage the movement of ore at the correct head grade to the ROM pad.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma or Degree in Mining
- Minimum of 2years work experience in a reputable mine.
- Must have “Rock Breaker – RBs Certificate (Trained)”
- Able to take the role of Mine Captain or Underground Manager
- Holder of a valid Blasting License & First Aid Certificate
- Exposure to sub-level open stope and backfill mining operations is a must.
- Computer literate
- People Management
- Analytical skills
Method of Application
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
Head of Human Resources
Mabiza Resources Limited