YWCA is looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. The IT Technician will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
The successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate should also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
Upon taking up the position ,the officer will be required to work for 5 days straight for initial set up and from then on will work once ( 1 day ) in a month.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Maintenance of servers and installed applications (Accounting systems)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mousse, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
- Develop and maintain local networks and wide area networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and make recommendations.
- Install computer software such as anti-virus etc.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- Proven documented track record of providing IT services of a similar nature