The Zambia Daily Mail is a Limited Company wholly owned by the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC). The Company is incorporated under the Companies Act, number 10 of 2017 of the Laws of Zambia. It is one of the leading publishers of daily newspapers in Zambia.
The Company has vacancies for various positions and is now inviting suitably qualified and ambitious Zambians to apply and be considered for the positions.
Human Resource and Administration Manager
The Company has a vacant position of a Human Resource and Administration Manager and is now inviting suitably qualified Zambians to apply and be considered for the position.
4.1 Key Responsibilities
- Recommend the development of appropriate human resource policy and strategy enhancements including measures around their application and monitoring.
- Oversee recruitment processes, which among others will include sourcing, qualitative selection and ultimately on boarding of sew employees.
- Manage the organisation’s performance management system, ensuring its effectiveness in achieving the organisation overall productivity goals.
- Provide appropriate interpretation and compliance guidance and support to staff on HR policies, procedures, and employment law compliance.
- Develop and recommend strategies to enhance employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Manage day-to-day employee relations anc werk conflict situations.
- Ensure the management of the organisation’s disciplinary policy to ensure the compliance to organisation procedural requirements and behaviours.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate Human Resource records and reports.
- Foster a positive work environment by promoting open communication, addressing employee concerns, and resolving conflicts in a fair and equitable manner.
- Provide guidance to managers and supervisors on effective employee relations practices.
- Ensure the identification of appropriate training needs through the effective application of the performance
- management system.
- Recommend learning and development programmes that enhance employee knowledge and skills.
4.2 Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade twelve (12) certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Public Administration.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of traceable experience in Human Resource Management and three (3) of which must at a Managerial level in a reputable institutions.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience in the application of labour laws.
- Traceable practical experience in the application and monitoring of performance management systems
Method of Application
Procedure: If you think you are the right person, please send your application letter together with a detailed CV and copies of your academic and professional certificates to the undersigned, not later than September 15, 2023.
The Director Human Resource & Administration
Zambia Daily Mail Limited
PO Box 31421,