The position reports to the Country SHERQ Manager.
Key Performance Areas
- Contribute to the development of country SHERQ strategy, standards, processes, and plans, as it pertains to Quality and Food Safety.
- Support sites in the communication, implementation and entrenchment of systems, best practices, minimum standards, policies, processes, tools, technology and enablers (The Illovo SHERQ way), ensuring integration across SHERQ elements to achieve “Right First Time” and “Positive QA Release” aligned to customer and regulatory requirements.
- Define, develop and facilitate quality programs to support the implementation of the Quality Management system.
- Contribute to technical reviews on information extracted from monitoring programs, incident management systems, and quality tests.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders on issues associated with Quality and Food Safety and ensure alignment of internal processes with requirements.
- Manage the Customer Complaints process, ensuring investigation, corrective action and close out, with effective customer feedback and reporting.
- Manage all COAs for the business through oversight of the Lab (QC and Microbiological testing) and Outbound Logistics and Warehouses (across the value chain).
- Manage all export and new customer technical requirements.
- Oversee management of the Consumer Care Line.
- Manage all audit requirements for the business (internal and external stakeholders (including customers and regulatory bodies).
- Provide technical and compliance support to all customers.
- Develop and manage reporting systems to track QFS performance, and keep relevant stakeholders inform.
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelors’ Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Sciences
- A Sugar Technology qualification is an advantage
- FSSC 22000 auditor qualification
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in food science, with at least 2 years in QC /QA
- 2 years’ experience in audit processes related to quality, food safety and GMP
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to engage and influence others
- Project management skills
- Analytical ability and proficiency in MS Office
- Good working knowledge of all applicable Food Safety regulations and related authorities
Method of Application
Should you be interested in applying for any of the roles, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations, and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner to the email address email below clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.