The Zambia Forestry and Forest Industries Corporation Plc (ZAFFICO) is a Public Limited Company, which is a member of the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) and responsible for establishing and managing exotic forest plantations in the country. The Corporation’s mission is to establish and manage commercial exotic forest plantations in order to meet wood product demands.
In pursuance of its mission, the Corporation is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the under-listed positions:
Fleet Management Officer
Reporting to the Administration Officer
The Fleet Management Officer is responsible for planning, directing. managing, coordinating and supervising the programmes for acquisition, assignment, utilization, maintenance, repair, replacement and disposal of fleet vehicles.
Main Duties and Accountabilities of the job holder
- Provide a cost effective and efficient transport resource to meet the Corporation’s targets.
- Ensure new vehicles are branded and the tracking system installed. Ensure adherence to the Corporation’s Motor Vehicle Policy. Generate reports from the C-track tracking system.
- Submit regular and comprehensive monthly and quarterly reports to the respective Heads of Department.
- Provide monthly reports of expenditure on motor vehicles.
- Ensure proper inventory of all components of vehicles such as Jacks and Triangles are maintained and checked frequently.
- Coordinate with Finance Department on the issue of payment for refueling and maintenance of motor vehicles.
- Ensure that the maintenance, oiling, and servicing schedule of the vehicles are followed.
- Strictly act upon the petrol/diesel filling mechanism approved by the Management.
- Facilitate asset verification of the Corporation’s fleet.
- Keep records/history of drivers and accidents.
- Ensure that all drivers/operators have valid driving/operating certification i.e. licences.
- Arrange for re-training and re-certification of drivers and registration and re-certification of vehicles.
- Ensure safe parking of vehicles at ZAFFICO premises.
- Ensure that all relevant taxes for Corporation vehicles i.e. Road Tax, and Carbon Tax are paid on time.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Transport and Logistics.
- Minimum of 3 years’ Experience in Fleet Coordination.
- Member of ZCILT with a valid Practicing Certificate.
Method of Application
Interested candidates may submit their application letters, copies of relevant academic certificates and Curriculum Vitae indicating contact telephone or mobile numbers, names and contact addresses of traceable referees and copies of other credentials to the email address below: and responsibilities as may be assigned by the superior from time to time.