Lusaka Open Business College (LOBC) is a leading College that was established in 2014 and is located at 24 Katimamulilo Road in Olympia Park, Lusaka district.
It is anchored on the vision of being an accomplished leader in the provision of business, entrepreneurship, and Nursing education of global quality with its motto “where even the best gets better”.
LOBC offers Business programs on full-time, part-time, and distance education modes of study and the Registered Nursing Diploma Programme on full-time.
LOBC is registered and operates under TEVETA Act No. 13 of 1998, The Nurses and Midwives Act No. 10 of 2019, and Higher Education Authority (HEA) Act No. 2021.
LOBC invites applications from mature, proactive, highly motivated, results-oriented, achiever of growth for student enrollment and revenue, creative mind set of turning round the performance of the college, suitably qualified, and experienced persons to fill the position of COLLEGE PRINCIPAL.
Reporting to: LOBC Chairperson /Board of Directors
The College Principal
A college principal is a senior administrative role responsible for overseeing the overall operation and management of the College. The principal plays a crucial role in shaping the institution’s educational and administrative policies, fostering a positive learning environment, and ensuring the success of students, faculty, and staff. The Principal Reports to the Board of Directors and will have the following responsibilities:
Job key responsibilities
1. Strategic Leadership: Develop and implement a clear vision and strategic plan for the college’s growth and development, aligned with its mission and goals.
2. Academic Excellence: Ensure the quality of academic programs, curriculum, and teaching methodologies to promote student learning and success.
3. Faculty Management: Recruit, hire, and mentor faculty members, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and professional development.
4. Student Welfare: Create a supportive and inclusive learning environment that addresses the academic, personal, and career needs of students.
5. Administrative Oversight: Manage college resources, budgets, and operations, including facilities, technology, and student services.
6. Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with government regulations, accreditation standards, and college policies.
7. Community Engagement: Establish strong connections with local communities, businesses, alumni, and other stakeholders to enhance the college’s reputation and partnerships.
8. Communication: Maintain effective communication channels with faculty, staff, students, and the broader community.
9. Innovation: Promote innovation in teaching, research, and administrative practices to keep the college competitive and responsive to changing trends.
10. Performance Management: Manage and set performance targets
11. Prepare quarterly reports : Submit Quarterly report to the Board of Directors.
12. Perform such other functions assigned by the Board
Educational Background: A Minimum Degree in a relevant field with strong academic background and research experience can enhance credibility. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Experience: at least five years of experience in higher education administration, teaching, and academic leadership roles. Experience as a department head, dean, or assistant principal can be advantageous.
Leadership Skills: Strong leadership and managerial skills, with the ability to motivate and guide faculty, staff, and students toward shared goals.
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with various stakeholders and represent the college externally.
Problem-Solving: Proficiency in analyzing complex situations, making decisions, and finding innovative solutions.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to build relationships, resolve conflicts, and collaborate with diverse groups of individuals.
Strategic Thinking: Visionary thinking and the ability to develop long-term plans that align with the college’s mission and values.
Ethical Conduct: High ethical standards, integrity, and a commitment to fostering an inclusive and equitable environment.
Adaptability: Flexibility to adapt to evolving educational trends, technologies, and industry developments.
Networking: The capacity to establish and maintain connections within the academic community, industry, and beyond.
Method of Application
Applications with certified copies of certificates and at least three traceable referees should be addressed to:
The Board Chairperson
Lusaka Open Business College
24 Katimamulilo Road, Olympia Park