Kagem is seeking remarkable candidates to join the team, in the positions of:-
SUPERINTENDENT LIGHT DUTY (1)
Reports to: Manager Engineering
The superintendent will be held responsible for all light-duty vehicles and ensure 90% availability of vehicles all the time.
- Enforce the company’s health and Safety Policy
- Ensure all the statutory requirements are strictly followed as per standard norms at Engineering department
- Ensure that preventive maintenance schedules are followed with penodical inspection to reduce breakdowns
- Keep updated fleet maintenance reports and spons daily activities in the workshop
- Responsible for management of manpower in an effective manner
- Pre-plan and execute the day works and engage the right workforce
- Ensure effective manpower utilization and reduce repair time
- Ensure equipment/machines are being operated in proper condition
- Receive and give immediate action on daily break down from users.
- Ensure the workplace is free of oil and diesel spillage all the time.
- Train and help workers to acquire modern skills in the field of engineering
- Periodically check completion status of all works assigned to subordinates
- Provide targets and effectively allocate duties to subordinates
- Ensure discipline among the workforce and that they follow laid down procedures when securing their duties
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering with min 5 years’ experience
- Experience in fleet maintenance software and good computer skills
- Self-starter requiring minimum supervision
- Ability to train lower-level workers in mechanical repair techniques
- Knows which work needs priority and then assign it to other workers
- Can work individually or as part of a team
- Must have current certification from EIZ
- Good command of both on and written communication
Method of Application
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to The Head-Human Resources by email.
Certificates will only be required at the interview stage. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kagem Mining Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply. We do not charge or ask for money from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you be asked to do so by anybody, please do not proceed and report such individuals to the police immediately.