Kagem is seeking remarkable candidates to join the team, in the positions of:-
JUNIOR SUPERVISOR. HEAVY DUTY EQUIPMENTS (x6)
Reports to: Superintendent / Mechanical Engineer
To plan, execute heavy duty equipment’s maintenance & to ensure optimum efficiency, performance, and safety daily.
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of heavy equipment such as Surface Drilling Machine, Fiscastors, Dump Trucks, Dowers, Graders, Backhoes, Front End Loaders, Mobile Cranes, Gensers, Pumps and other heavy mining and construction equipement as assigned by the supervisor
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting malfunctions on all equipment using appropriate tools
- Ensure all service are performed in accordance with the planned maintenance checklist
- Carrying out scheduled overhad and replacing parts that have reached the end of their working life.
- Responding imediately to equipment breakdowns.
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure proper performance when used
- Ensure equipment is clean and load
- Help in new workers in performing equipement inspection, repair, and preventive maintenance
- Awareness and application of company HSE standards
- May also do auto electrical works depending on qualifications and experience.
- Must maintain high levels of concentration by avoiding unnecessary conversation with colleagues while at work
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering with min 2 to 3 years in the mining industry/HEMM Fleet maintenance for Minimum: Craft Certificate in Auto mechanics, HER, Mechanical fitting or related field with 10 to 15 years mining industry/HEMM maintenance
- Experience in fleet maintenance software and good computer skills
- Self-starter requiring minimum supervision
- Knowledge of SHEQ
- Knowledge in the use of testing equipment
- Can follow and explain instructions on other workers clearly.
- Knows how to assemble body, frame, engines, and major driveline of the equipment.
- Can analyse mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic malfunctions.
- Ability to train lower-level workers in mechanical repair techniques
- Knows which work needs priority and then assign it to other workers
- Can work individually or as part of a team.
- Must have current certification from FIZ.
- Good command of both oral and written communication
The company provides single status accommodation at the mine site
Method of Application
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to The Head-Human Resources by email.
Certificates will only be required at the interview stage. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kagem Mining Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply. We do not charge or ask for money from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you be asked to do so by anybody, please do not proceed and report such individuals to the police immediately.