The USAID Zambia Integrated Health (USAID ZIH) project aims to improve health outcomes of Zambians through equitable access to high-quality, client-centred HIV, TB/HIV, MNCH, and family planning/reproductive health services, products, and information. These services, integrated, when possible, will reduce mortality, morbidity, and HIV transmission for populations in focus districts in North-western, Copperbelt, and Central provinces in Zambia.
Reports to Technical Director Clinical Services, USAID ZIH. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the implementation of HIV/TB, FP/RH, MNCH services to achieve service integration.
- Serves as direct contact for Clinical field staff under ZIH project and interact frequently with program staff to help address operational challenges.
- Leads and contributes to the development of technical work-plan narrative proposals and concept papers.
- Ensures that continuous mentorship and staff development takes place, required for the task, focused on improved staff motivation and retention.
- Promotes uptake and designs client tailored Differentiated Service Delivery models for HIV, TB, FP/RH, MNCH and other co-morbidities.
- Promotes operational research and innovation to improve access to HIV prevention and quality of care for people living with HIV.
- Coordinates logistics related to availability of both human and material resources within all the ZIH provincial offices.
- Ensures that continuous staff development takes place, required for the task, focussed on improved staff motivation and retention.
- Provides oversight to ensure accountable and transparent resource management.
- Responsible for creating a realistic project budget and tracking expenditures and reviewing and approving all project expenses in line with USG regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring expenses against current budget and ensuring project spending remains within budget limits.
- Responsible for constantly identifying areas for cost savings and efficiencies so that the project can have the greatest health impact possible within its given budget.
- Works with Finance and Audit departments to ensure compliance with U.S. government/ donor and CIDRZ financial regulations and guidelines.
- Develop and submit all program reports and requirements within stipulated time frames
- Registered Medical Doctor, a Master of Science in Public Health or any health/Clinical field is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of HIV healthcare.
- Demonstrated experience in health systems programming and/or health systems research
- Minimum 8 years of relevant clinical and HIV project management experience.
- Prior experience in NGO and familiar with working with donors like PEPFAR, Global Fund…
- Results-oriented leader, skilled in organizational management, managing and creating clarity in a complex environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing effectively in a multi-cultural setting
- Experience in healthcare delivery, management and research is preferred
- Experience managing program and research grants is preferred
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website