Reporting Manager: Assistant Manager – Technical Services.
NetOne is a leading technology services Group based in Lusaka, Zambia. Since its inception is 2007 the group has grown to be Zambia’s leading technology services group offering an array of solutions ranging from client computing solutions through to enterprise business solutions with long standing relationships with over 25 leading OEM’s across the ICT sector. NetOne owns and operates Zambia’s first Tier III carrier neutral data offering colocation services, infrastructure as a service and software as service. NetOne also owns and operates the Swish Pay platform enabling digital payments from consumer to merchant through its integrations with Visa, MasterCard and Mobile Money platforms.
We are growing our team and looking for new members who are dynamic and posses the right level of skill-set to lead a team in supporting our hardware and infrastructure product portfolio in our Data Centre environment and for our customers.
If you are an individual that believes in career progression, get exposure to some of the best-in-class technology systems, and want to join a growing team, we are the team for you!
· Hold the supervisory role for the infrastructure team managing and leading the various infrastructure projects for the Group.
· Carry out preventative maintenance of NData’s Infrastructure which includes complex storage and computing systems.
· Support and handle all infrastructure-related escalations from the NOC department.
· Support the customers footprint from an infrastructure perspective in managing the pro-active and re-active support based within SLA.
· Ensure that all system support and maintenance calls are logged and processed in a timely manner.
· Ensure that every field activity is recorded and signed off where applicable as per defined policies and procedures.
· Responsible for ensuring that safety measures are taken, and available equipment is used in all situations where required.
· Configure and deploy virtual machines on the VMware or Hyper-V platform for both internal and external customers.
· Configure computing and storage infrastructure according to any instruction assigned by the line manager or as per scope of works defined and signed off.
· Ensuring up to date patching of all data center infrastructure such as storage and servers and network devices in accordance with industry best practices.
· Undertaking any other duties, tasks (as assigned) or and project ownership to ensure the attainment of the specific objectives of the role within the overall results expected of the NetOne Group.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
· Must have a minimum of 3 years of working experience in the ICT industry.
· Must have hands-on work experience in VMware and Hyper-V Virtualization platforms.
· Must have experience working with SAN/NAS systems and enterprise server platforms.
· VmWare / Microsoft Certification shall be an added advantage.
· Excellent technical knowledge of Windows administrative server roles and services.
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to changing technologies.
· Excellent problem-solving, and logical thinking skills to isolate and identify potential issues in a complex environment.
· Knowledge and applications hosted on Windows Server and Desktop operating system.
· Knowledge of Linux-based OS.
· Knowledge of working with enterprise storage technologies.
· Software and Hardware installation and troubleshooting.
· Excellent knowledge of Configuring/Troubleshooting Application protocols – HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, etc.
· Available for escalations and support as required 24×7.
· Have a valid driving license with 2 years+ driving experience.
Method of Application
Email us your detailed CV (exclude any certificates or other attachments) detailing your academic qualifications, certifications, professional work experience and specific skill set. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.