At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The purpose of this role is to carry out culinary operations in the hot kitchen such as preparation of all meat, poultry, fish, vegetables and hot sauces
Specific Job Responsibility
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Preparation of all hot food according to recipes, guidelines and set standards
- Ensuring adequate station mis-en-place based on daily production needs
- Always keeping hot fryers and related hot equipment as well as storage and work stations in a tidy condition
- Consistently adhere to portion control
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safety, sanitation and stock rotation
- Effectively communicate with other chefs for smooth shift / kitchen operations
- Maintaining complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment
- Carry out general cleaning tasks to comply with health, safety and legal regulations
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies
Key Job Attributes
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Sober character and open minded with a can-do attitude
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Passionate about food
- Physically fit
- Safety conscious
Experience required to perform in this job
- At least 3 years’ experience in a busy establishment
- Conversant with A la carte style service
- Knowledge of different cuisines (Mediterranean, Thai, Western, Oriental and local) essential
- Diploma in any food production or related field
- Full Grade 12 school Certificate
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th August, 2023.